DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fookin Dave pisses me off!!

Re: Re: Re: Fookin Dave pisses me off!!

Originally posted by Mr.Hanky
    Hey there he is, just like a bad case of Jock Itch, you think it is gone and POW it comes back.

Yes dave you really taught me a valuable lesson that time, chip chip ol chap. Excuse me if I don't buy into some pinheads need to feel superior by taking things out of contect and validating his own stupidity, sorry.
    I'll try harder in the future, maybe hang out with some more "college professors".
    There you go again, proving my points for me.
    11. Disdain for Intellectuals and the Arts - Fascist nations tend to promote and tolerate open hostility to higher education, and academia. It is not uncommon for professors and other academics to be censored or even arrested. Free expression in the arts and letters is openly attacked.
    This material just writes itself, don't you think?
    David Aldridge,
    "The Oracle Sponge"

Senior Manager, Business Intelligence Development
    XM Satellite Radio
    Washington, DC

Oracle ACE

Here is one for ya davey.
    http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe...eut/index.html

Ohhhh Boo hoo hoo!! :(
    I remember when this place was cool.

"11. Disdain for Intellectuals and the Arts - Fascist nations tend to promote and tolerate open hostility to higher education, and academia. It is not uncommon for professors and other academics to be censored or even arrested. Free expression in the arts and letters is openly attacked."

Brilliant Dave, you are correct this does write itself.

LAST TIME i CHECKED i WAS THE ONLY ARTIST ON THIS GOD FORESAKEN BOARD.

Been a musician ALL of my life, I play, I study, I teach and I'm in a working band. How bout you my liberal tree hugging pal?
    Tell me about all the art in your life.

Of the contradiction!!
    Oh the humanity.

Now if it read disdain for pseudo-intellectual pompous morons with superiority complexes, then yes, I am guilty.

Here is one for ya davey.
    http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe...eut/index.html

Ohhhh Boo hoo hoo!! :(
    Great stuff.

2. Disdain for the Recognition of Human Rights - Because of fear of enemies and the need for security, the people in fascist regimes are persuaded that human rights can be ignored in certain cases because of "need." The people tend to look the other way or even approve of torture, summary executions, assassinations, long incarcerations of prisoners, etc.
    .. with a hint of ...

1. Powerful and Continuing Nationalism - Fascist regimes tend to make constant use of patriotic mottos, slogans, symbols, songs, and other paraphernalia. Flags are seen everywhere, as are flag symbols on clothing and in public displays.
    Since you wouldn't deny your own disdain for the recognition of human rights or your powerful and continued nationalism -- indeed they appear to be cornerstones of your belief system -- you're just digging your own hole here, no? I'm guessing that you would deny having anything in common with fascism, but then you'll have to explain why these beliefs are not symptomatic of a fascist system I suppose. My bet: you can't.

Have a nice day!
    David Aldridge,
    "The Oracle Sponge"

XM Satellite Radio
    Washington, DC

Oracle ACE

Wow, you really told me.......NOT!

"11. Disdain for Intellectuals and the Arts - Fascist nations tend to promote and tolerate open hostility to higher education, and academia. It is not uncommon for professors and other academics to be censored or even arrested. Free expression in the arts and letters is openly attacked."

Brilliant Dave, you are correct this does write itself.

LAST TIME i CHECKED i WAS THE ONLY ARTIST ON THIS GOD FORESAKEN BOARD.

Been a musician ALL of my life, I play, I study, I teach and I'm in a working band. How bout you my liberal tree hugging pal?
    Tell me about all the art in your life.

Of the contradiction!!
    Oh the humanity.
    Well OK, I'll take this as a serious point.

The statement your looking at here is "Free expression in the arts and letters is openly attacked" right? That says nothing about the toleration of art or artists, just of their free expression. The author isn't saying "It is symptomatic that fascist nations have no art or artists", just that free expression in the arts is openly attacked. Two words ... "Dixie Chicks" -- hey let me just say that I believe that as artists they blow chunks, and I can't stand that crap. But on the other hand I wouldn't ban them (nor Toby Keith either) from the radio because of their stated political beliefs either.

So, just because you practice art in a country doesn't mean that it couldn't meet that criterion.
    David Aldridge,
    "The Oracle Sponge"

XM Satellite Radio
    Washington, DC

Oracle ACE

Dave, your verbosity and ability to take things I say seriosly really is a buzzkill!!

Are you deliberatly keeping your posts short for fear of incriminating yourself?

David Aldridge,
    "The Oracle Sponge"

XM Satellite Radio
    Washington, DC

Oracle ACE

[B LAST TIME i CHECKED i WAS THE ONLY ARTIST ON THIS GOD FORESAKEN BOARD.
    [/B]
    Not really.