OCP 8I DBA TUNING
I'm taking up 8i Performance Tuning exam shortly.
Those who have cleared this, can you please email the break up of questions chapter wise from your score sheet. This would help in my preparation.
[Edited by ggnanaraj on 12-08-2000 at 12:19 PM]
Sections #Questions Description
1. 1 Tuning Overview
2. 2 Oracle Alert and Trace Files
3. 3 Utilities and Dynamic Performance Views
4. 7 Tuning the Shared Pool
5. 7 Tuning the Buffer Cache
6. 3 Tuning the Redo Log Buffer
7. 7 Database Config & I/O Issues
8. 4 Using Oracle Blocks Efficiently
9. 4 Optimizing Sort Operations
10. 4 Tuning Rollback Segs
11. 5 Monitoring & Detecting Lock Contention
12. 5 SQL Issues & Tuning Considerations for Diff Apps
13. 2 Managing a Mixed Workload
14. 1 Tuning with Oracle Expert
15. 2 Multithread Server Tining Issues
P&T is the hardest one.
I cleared tuning on 11/12/2k. Thanks for the extra effort.
I'm going for networking 8i next.
Can u help me for this?
With best wishes & regards
so, why not post some feedback?
Preparation for tuning was based on Oracle's DBA course material. Went through the book carefully from cover to cover 'n got the concepts, terms, clear.
Used sts s/w for assessing myself. This was very useful by way of refreshing what I learnt and going back to study if needed.
All the best friends!
[Edited by ggnanaraj on 12-15-2000 at 09:05 AM]
ggnanaraj do u remeber some questions regarding oracle
OCP DBA 7.3, 8, 8i, 9i
Sun Solaris 8 Sys. Admin.
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width