i am getting the following error during parsing
it fails during getdoctype().i got the solution from asktom website like it should be some problem with xdk installation , i installed 10g and tried the same , still same error , can someone tell the solution for this
l_root varchar2(32700) := 'CUSTOMERSAVE';
for rec1 in (select * from xml_tab where docid = 1)
l_p := xmlparser.newparser;
In 9iR2 and above, the XDK for PL/SQL is no longer installed since all but dbms_xmlquery and dbms_xmlsave have been transitioned to C and incorporated into the database as XDB (XML Database).
This information is included here for consistency. However the script below only installs the XDK for Java -- no pl/sql APIs other than DBMS_SAVE and DBMS_XMLQUERY are installed. ALthough one could manually create wrappers to these java classes and make a PL/SQL API for PL/SQL programmers, this is not
supported since this functionality is already included in the server via DBMS_ packages written in C/C++ using the XDK for C/C++.
Logon into SQL*Plus as SYS and run the following script:
For both Unix and Windows:
Notes for customers with existing PL/SQL apps that used previous XDK for PL/SQL APIs: In 9iR2, all XML functionality previously found in the XDK for PL/SQL are now found in equivalent DBMS_ packages. The 3 newest packages to replace the java based versions are called dbms_xmldom, dbms_xmlparser, and dbms_xslprocessor. Therefore, after following the above step, you will likely "break" any existing
apps that use the old API names from the XDK for PL/SQL packages. Rather than try some trick to use the old java based APIs, we recommend you use the dbms_* packages. If you have existing code that uses the original java based packages (xmlparser, xmldom, and xslprocessor), you have 2 options (in order of
1) To use the new C based packages with minor code changes, add "dbms_" to all references to xmlparser, xmldom, and xslprocessor in the application code.
2) To use the new C based packages without any code changes, drop the public synonyms for these three packages and recreate them pointing to the dbms_* packages.
drop public synonym dbms_xmldom;
drop public synonym dbms_xmlparser;
drop public synonym dbms_xslprocessor;
create public synonym xmldom for xdb.dbms_xmldom;
create public synonym xmlparser for xdb.dbms_xmlparser;
create public synonym xslprocessor for xdb.dbms_xslprocessor;
grant execute on xmldom to public;
grant execute on xmlparser to public;
grant execute on xslprocessor to public;