DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: TOS violatons - read this NOW

But isn't there a difference between personal talk adn posting on a formal forum?
    There are three kinds of lies: Lies, damned lies, and benchmarks...

Unix is user friendly. It's just very particular about who it's friends are.

Oracle DBA

Originally posted by jovery
    I thought Hanky did that anyway
    I was referring to HJR's damnation.
    Tarry Singh
    I'm a JOLE(JavaOracleLinuxEnthusiast)
    TarryBlogging
    --- Everything was meant to be---

Originally posted by Tarry
    But getting back to the violation thing.

I think we're living in an age where the web is a place where you're(= one is) very vulnerable. voicing opinions is one thing but I see a lot of us are going the wrong way by ridiculing others and thus ourselves.

I bet you'd never say 90% of the things to the other, if you came face to face. Still we put a smiley behind our snide(half-snide, quarter-snide remark) to "get away" with the fact that I was having a bad day.

Worse will come out when people will stop doing the smiley thing but just wish you hell sincerely. Those are(can be) rather inflammatory, so one takes defence for a while and then bounces back at the first oppurtunity.

A moderated forum is a good place but provocations/inflammatory comments should be closely monitored.

So let's stop attempting to hurt one another.(applies to all of us)

....P E A C E/B E E R/....
    Can I give you a hug tarry?

Just out of curiosity where have you seen an instance where we've been attempting ot hurt one another? PM me if you have to.
    To expaned on what Hanky was saying.... I also think being able to decifier someones writing style plays a big part as well.
    Oracle it's not just a database it's a lifestyle!
    --------------
    BTW....You need to get a girlfriend who's last name isn't .jpg

Originally posted by Mr.Hanky
    Tarry;

I disagree, a lot has to do with where you grew up. As I have said in the past giving a guy the finger and calling him something that I can not even print here is just another way of saying good morning to me.
    It is all in HOW you say it, that is the trick and that is what is lost in the black and white medium.

You can bet your bank account if I met that somabeotch gandolf, the last thing I would call him would be his first name.
    You really don't need to call me Mr. Gandolf!

Gandolf is the biggest RICHARD I have ever met, see avatar.
    Last edited by gandolf989; 05-18-2005 at 09:45 AM.
    I remember when this place was cool.

Gandolf is the biggest RICHARD I have ever met, see avatar.
    Just a reminder, I never met you!

Deekhead!
    I remember when this place was cool.

Deekhead!
    Now now young man, its time for you to stop your tantrum!!!

I don't like to seem presumptious, but I'm pretty sure that this thread hasn't turned out the way that Linda originally intended.
    David Aldridge,
    "The Oracle Sponge"

Senior Manager, Business Intelligence Development
    XM Satellite Radio
    Washington, DC

Oracle ACE

OracleDoc,you needn't "we" your questions. I'm sure you're man enough to stand behind it alone.

Nope, I am referring to the DBA(remember keep to the context to the original post, by Icole, not going off tangents)and other stuff going on all over the web.

I have never for once found Hanky's posting spiteful. That somadabiaoutch is too cute to hurt anyone

Again i'll rephrase myself:

Soem people do crap consulting, write crap books. Some people stick to the meat and let you take a bite at it.

you like someone's style/taste, you tend to read him. Ok that has never been a problem.
    Now you don't like someone's(no names here) practices, guy doesn't know his stuff. He's sitting in the market and advocating stuff, making money.Then begins all the ugly stuff. Broadcasting(AGAIN if you're falling asleep, this is in general, not here) things which can be inflammatory. There is no end to it. Look at the blog scenario. I sincerely see that TKyte is setting a pretty good example(tho, I just don't have the time to read it all there) of how to blog. no vendetta, No hate, just discussion.

Stick to the beef. You say something bad, derogatory, you'll get it back. No one's governing the web(yet)so it's a free-for-all arena.

I haven't seen any ugly thang going here(at Obfus), otherwise the moderators and Admins would've been informed.And should it get ugly, they will take action.

Period.
    Tarry Singh
    I'm a JOLE(JavaOracleLinuxEnthusiast)
    TarryBlogging
    --- Everything was meant to be---