DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I wanna buy this guy a beer!

I wanna buy this guy a beer!

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/05/06/und....ap/index.html

Normally relegion is an off topic for me.

HOWEVER, this is different. Praying to a friggin stain under a highway, c'mon people, get a life!!
    I remember when this place was cool.

Dammit, agreeing again.

Does this mean we can talk about religion now?
    David Aldridge,
    "The Oracle Sponge"

Senior Manager, Business Intelligence Development
    XM Satellite Radio
    Washington, DC

Oracle ACE

This creased me:
    Authorities then painted over the stain because it had been defaced . . .
    "The power of instruction is seldom of much efficacy except in those happy dispositions where it is almost superfluous" - Gibbon, quoted by R.P.Feynman

Originally posted by slimdave
    Dammit, agreeing again.

Does this mean we can talk about religion now?
    Only if that religion is based on the flat earth society!!! !!!

Johnson's beliefs are firmly grounded in the Bible. Many verses of the Old Testament imply that the earth is flat, but there's more to it than that. According to the New Testament, Jesus ascended up into heaven.

"The whole point of the Copernican theory is to get rid of Jesus by saying there is no up and no down," declares Johnson. "The spinning ball thing just makes the whole Bible a big joke."

Not the Bible but Johnson's own common sense allowed him to see through the globe myth while he was still in grade school. He contends that sensible people all over the world, not just Bible believers, realize that the earth really is flat.

"Wherever you find people with a great reservoir of common sense," he says, "they don't believe idiotic things such as the earth spinning around the sun. Reasonable, intelligent people have always recognized that the earth is flat."

He pauses for a sip of coffee, his eyes sparkling with animation. At 56, Charles Johnson is a bearded, distinguished-looking man who drinks coffee seemingly by the gallon. He chain-smokes, hand-rolling cigarettes so skillfully that they seem factory made. Unlike the stereotypical prophet, he has a wry sense of humor and a booming laugh. Fond of plays on words, he consistently pronounces Nicolaus Koppernigk's Latinized surname as "co-pernicious."

Scientific American is on your side: http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?cha...CB83414B7FFE9F
    In the printed edition, this editoral came with a mock-up front cover featuring a flat earth spining in space.
    "The power of instruction is seldom of much efficacy except in those happy dispositions where it is almost superfluous" - Gibbon, quoted by R.P.Feynman

"Wherever you find people with a great reservoir of common sense," he says, "they don't believe idiotic things such as the earth spinning around the sun. Reasonable, intelligent people have always recognized that the earth is flat."
    I'd guess that the reason they have such a large reservoir of common sense is that they've never used it for anything.

At least he hand-rolls his smokes though, so he has at least some integrity.
    David Aldridge,
    "The Oracle Sponge"

Senior Manager, Business Intelligence Development
    XM Satellite Radio
    Washington, DC

Oracle ACE

Originally posted by DaPi
    Scientific American is on your side: http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?cha...CB83414B7FFE9F
    In the printed edition, this editoral came with a mock-up front cover featuring a flat earth spining in space.
    Get ready for a new Scientific American. No more discussions of how science should inform policy. If the government commits blindly to building an anti-ICBM defense system that can't work as promised, that will waste tens of billions of taxpayers' dollars and imperil national security, you won't hear about it from us. If studies suggest that the administration's antipollution measures would actually increase the dangerous particulates that people breathe during the next two decades, that's not our concern. No more discussions of how policies affect science either-so what if the budget for the National Science Foundation is slashed? This magazine will be dedicated purely to science, fair and balanced science, and not just the science that scientists say is science. And it will start on April Fools' Day.
    It is both funny, and really sad at the same time!

Originally posted by slimdave
    I'd guess that the reason they have such a large reservoir of common sense is that they've never used it for anything.

At least he hand-rolls his smokes though, so he has at least some integrity.
    That is how Mr.Hanky maintains his common sense, unused and unseen.

Originally posted by gandolf989
    That is how Mr.Hanky maintains his common sense, unused and unseen.
    At least I was MAN enough to do the 5 boro bike tour, pansy!!
    I remember when this place was cool.

Originally posted by Mr.Hanky
    At least I was MAN enough to do the 5 boro bike tour, pansy!!
    Yeah but taking a cab doesn't count!