Due to a corruption on an Oracle database we had to save the latest backup set ( Datafiles, CTR files, INI.ora and Archive files ) which should be in a valid state.
Unfortinately there was no backup server containg a duplicate environment to recover this backupset but instead a simple workstation must be used. On this workstation there is a complete different filesystem setup and a recovery will not work. (the backupped contolfile points to other file locations as on the workstation available).
The recovery scripts I used sofar (
SQL> connect sys/pw as sysdba;
SQL> shutdown immediate
_ set autorecovery on
_ recover database until time '2005-04-11:20:00:00' (using backup controlfile) )
are prompting errors (ora-00283 and ora-01610) time after time so I have to find me some other way to restore the valid backup set.
On the workstation I created a new instance containing a database with the same name as the original database and I want to attach the DATEFILES (only) on this new created database.
Is this a to be accomplished and if so please can you tell me how?
The thing I tried sofar;
1) I Created a database on the workstation (with the name).
2) Changing all datafile-names (or add if not excisting) as found in the syntax "alter database backup controlfile to trace;"
3) Changing all pathname in the script to be valid.
4) Logging in using commandline; sqlplus '/ as sysdba'
5) Gave a "shutdown immediate"
6) Copy overwrite the original files with the files to attach.
7) startup mount
8) executed the script (see below)
and here it goes wrong (Dutch version);
FOUT in regel 1:
.ORA-01503: CREATE CONTROLFILE is mislukt.
ORA-01159: Bestand niet uit dezelfde database als vorige bestanden; onjuiste database-ID.
ORA-01110: Gegevensbestand 5: 'D:\ORACLE\ORADATA\PROD\PRODUSR.ORA' (One testfile which is overwrritten bij one of the files to be attached ( with the same name))
next steps should be;
9)Recover database until cancel using backup controlfile; ( Cancel when required ).
10) Alter database open resetlogs.
Used script from "alter database backup controlfile to trace;" ;