DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Sys user cannot update imported tables

Sys user cannot update imported tables

I exported a database with full=y and imported the database with full = y into an empty database having only sys and system users. After importing the sys and the system user cannot update any of the imported tables. The users prod whose schema the tables are on cannot update the tables. I get the error insuffient priviledges or invalid sql statment.

Pls what could be the problem. Immediately after import I carried out media recovery which gave the error that the system01.dbf is in use or recovery. I did shutdown abort, started it again and was able to carry out recovery successfully.

How do i make the sys,system and prod (the table owner) be able to update the tables.

What you have written does not make any sense.

Why would you do a media recovery after the import?

What is the exact SQL you are using when trying to update the table? Which user exactly are you connected to when you try to update table? What is exact error message?
    Jurij Modic
    ASCII a stupid question, get a stupid ANSI
    24 hours in a day .... 24 beer in a case .... coincidence?

the sql is

update las_tb
    set las_tb.usert = "Prompt4"
    where las_tb.dat1 = "Invoice"

I logon as sys, system or prod.

The error message is insufficient privileges on table las_tb.

Gosh, sometimes people here are looking for help, yet they are *too lazy* to provide information they were requested for!

I asked fro EXACT sql statement you are using, yet you provide something APROXIMATELY SIMILAR to actual statement. If you would try to fire the exact statement you have supplied in your privious post, you would get completely different error message from oracle (because of the double quotes around the literals!).

IS IT SO HARD TO USE COPY-PASTE FROM SQL*PLUS, SO THAT WE COULD ACTUALY SEE WHAT REALY HAPPENS?

Show us in SQL*Plus who you are connected as, execute a query there and then copy-paste everything, including the exact error message you are getting. Please!

And while you are there, can you also show us the result of the following queries:

SELECT OWNER, TABLE_NAME FROM ALL_TABLES
    WHERE UPPER(TABLE_NAME) = 'LAS_TB';

SELECT * FROM ALL_TAB_PRIVS
    WHERE UPPER(TABLE_NAME) = 'LAS_TB';

SELECT * FROM SESSION_ROLES;
    Jurij Modic
    ASCII a stupid question, get a stupid ANSI
    24 hours in a day .... 24 beer in a case .... coincidence?