DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: client installation, any help???

Exclamation

Hello friends,
    I was trying to install the client software but I am having a problem. What happened was that, I installed OEM first before trying to install the Oracle client. It should have been installing the Oracle client first before the OEM.
    So, I unistalled the OEM and attempted to install the client. During the installation of the client software, this is what I found
    Name: HOME1
    Path:OraHome1\OEM
    So I tried to delete the OEM from the path to make it OracHome1 without the OEM at the end but each time I delete it, and type HOME1 under Name(Name: HOME1)
    OraHome1\OEM appears again under the path.
    I am thinking that if I leave the Path:OraHome1\OEM and install the client in that same path, it might affect my oracle home.
    What do you think? Should I go ahead and install the client under this same path OraHome1\OEM. Will that not cause any problem in the future?

P.S. I have already unistalled the OEM using the Universal installer so I don't know why it still appears in the path

thanks

Has anybody solved any problem like this before?

Yes I've come across this..

Change the name of the home directory first (i.e. the HOME1) then it should let you install to a new path.

Once you've created a home, it will be bound to that path - even uninstalling still leaves it in the registry.

The only way I removed it was deleting various registry keys.

I think OEM ships with the Oracle client anyway, so just install it from the OEM CD (by client I assume you mean the Net8 programs).