DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Rename Oracle procedure

Rename Oracle procedure

How can I rename an Oracle stored procedure. Is there a package that I can use because I cannot rename it using the alter procedure command.

Thanks
    Burzin

Re: Rename Oracle procedure

Originally posted by burzinmk
    How can I rename an Oracle stored procedure. Is there a package that I can use because I cannot rename it using the alter procedure command.

Thanks
    Burzin
    Have you tried renaming it in the source code creating the
    new procedure, doing the grants and dropping the old procedure?

Thats the whole problem. I already have an existing procedure which I just want to rename. I cannot drop it and recreate it with a different name. Is there a way to do this without dropping it and re-creating it again?

Actually my goal is to check whether the procedure is used by a certain command button on a front end app. Would tracing the session help me accomplish that?

Originally posted by burzinmk
    Thats the whole problem. I already have an existing procedure which I just want to rename. I cannot drop it and recreate it with a different name. Is there a way to do this without dropping it and re-creating it again?

Actually my goal is to check whether the procedure is used by a certain command button on a front end app. Would tracing the session help me accomplish that?
    Why don't you just revoke the execute privilege temporarily and then click on the certain command button on the front end and see if it fails? Or you could look at the code on the front end.