DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Welcome

With Oracle 9i Application Server announcement, we decided to open up this area to promote discussion and community troubleshooting of problems.

We hope that you can use this area for those discussions only.

Thanks

DBA

[Edited by dba on 12-03-2000 at 03:22 AM]

9i server Beta program hasn't even started yet.

So i think it will not be within the next 6 months

Gert

what about 11i?

Does anyone heard about Oracle 11i? A friend of mine told me that this will be the Oracle version for the wireless technology.
    I understand that this new area was created for discussion about the 9i version, but I'm just curious to know if I'm the only one on this earth who heard about 11i.

Thanks.

Wink

els,

What your friend was talking about is Oracle Applications 11i.

That's the most recent version off the Applications family, and it's completely web-based.

Hope this helps
    Gert

Cool

Information about 9i

[url]http://otn.oracle.com/products/oracle9i/[/url]

Hope this helps
    Gert

[url]http://openworld.oracle.com/oowdba-wwwprd-apps/plsql/oow_user.show_public?p_event=3&p_type=search[/url]

in select track put

Deploying and managing etc in Internet

9i Database is not release yet but the Application Server has been released and by far this looks like the most "open standards" piece of application that was ever released by oracle.

Oracle App server represents a big leap in Oracle's Product Offerings by combining many options that users had to integrate in the past.

Now the APP server comes with HTTP, Java, Oracle Portal ( Formerly WeBDB), Forms Server, Reports Server, Wireless, IFS and Oracle Discoverer Viewer all integrated into one package making our lives easier.

Use this area to initially discuss the 9i App Server and then to discuss the 9i Database.

To answer the question regarding 11i, it is the new generation of oracle applications that replaces 10.7, 11.0.3 etc, and yes there are some disconnected ( may be wireless ) features available within the apps. But 11i refers to Code Release and not the database or app server release.

Clarifications on 11i

Thanks to Gert and dba for the clarifications on 11i.

els