DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: downloading sample schemas?

downloading sample schemas?

Hi,

I'm a newbie to Oracle. Inorder to learn Oracle, I need the tables in the sample schema (mainly HR) that ships when you buy Oracle 9i. I dont want to use the trial version of Oracle 9i, since I have an academic account in Oracle 9i, but I do not have administrator privileges or privilege to CREATE an user. Kindly, let me know if my only option is to manually create the tables. Or is there some other way to get to the sample schemas then??

Thanks,

You can see the script for yourself from a downloaded (onto your own PC) version of 9i.

All installation options (personal, standard and enterprise) receive the first four schemas, and only the enterprise edition with partitioning receives the SH schema. For your convenience, Oracle provides a master script that creates the entire sample schema, and it is found in ORACLE_HOME\demo (the mksample SQL script).
    http://www.databasejournal.com/featu...le.php/3364161

how long?

Thanks for the reply. But, how long will a downloaded version of 9i from oracle.com, allow me to access the database? If the downloaded personal edition's license expired after 30 days, I cant use it after that right?