DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: SYS stats in 9I

SYS stats in 9I

In oracle release notes for 9.2.0.6 patch Oracle says that there could be a performance problem if SYS schema has statistics.They recommend deleting stats prior to upgrade and recreating them again after upgrade completed. There some ambiguous docs on Metalink regarding this issue. One states that one should not generate stats on sys schema unless there is a good reason for it. (wonder what that would be). Another states that unless DB has unusuall high number of objects in it SYS stats should be used. However they do not give you any specifics.
    Is it another "TRY IT FOR YOURSELF " feature from Oracle? Did someone has done any research on it?
    One, who thinks that the other one who thinks that know and does not know, does not know either!

First of all is tehre a need to collect to stats on SYS objects?
    funky...

"I Dont Want To Follow A Path, I would Rather Go Where There Is No Path And Leave A Trail."

"Ego is the worst thing many have, try to overcome it & you will be the best, if not good, person on this earth"

This is exactly what I am confused about. I am sure they did not recomend analyzing sys schema in 8I. Can someone comment on it?
    One, who thinks that the other one who thinks that know and does not know, does not know either!