DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: import question

import question

I have two similar database on different servers. one contains more data than the other. I want to bring the second database to be in consistent (at par) with the first one using export. I imported to the second database export from the first database usung ignore=y and i get duplicate entries in the second database. Pls can anyone tell me how to successfully import to the second database without duplicates appearing.

Assuming the database with less data is subset of other. You might do a full export. Drop users on the target DB and do a full import.
    Sanjay G.
    Oracle Certified Professional 8i, 9i.

"The degree of normality in a database is inversely proportional to that of its DBA"

Assuming I drop the user in the target database. I'll need to recreate the user if the user owns the tables am importing into the target db. Pls Am I right. I want to take your option.

Import will create the users for you. Be careful not to drop sys and system.
    Sanjay G.
    Oracle Certified Professional 8i, 9i.

"The degree of normality in a database is inversely proportional to that of its DBA"

Full export means choosing Entire database option? Just to confirm before i start.

full=y