Hi. I want to set up a Oracle Application Server 9.0.4.1 and Oracle Database 9.2.0.1 on the same (fresh, clean) Windows XP, with the intent of running PL/SQL generated pages. There is an older oracle database elsewhere whose structure and content I will want to partially load into my new database.

I have some Oracle experience, but I have never tried to setup an application server and database, and my first attempt isn't going so well. I installed the application server first and now the installer won't let me install the database, saying I can't install the database in an existing application server. Do I need to install the database package, or is that already covered off when I install the application server?

Could someone point me in the direction of some clear, easy-to-understand steps on what packages I need and what order I need to install them in? I haven't had any luck searching the internet so far.

Sorry for such a beginner question, but I would really appreciate any help you could offer.

Thanx.