The company I work for has recently purchased a "turn-key solution" that uses Oracle8 as its db. It came preconfigured and partially broken (no functioning sqlplus, netasst, perl), most likely to keep us out of it. I need to connect to the db to sync it with our existing mysql db. I have managed to connect to the db with a simple java program. The problem is, it only listens on localhost and I want the scripts to reside on a different server. I need to be able to make it listen on its public IP. I am assuming I need to change the listener.ora file and possibly tnsnames.ora as well, however if anyone has any better ideas, I would love to hear them. Here is my current listener.ora file. It seems like it would be relatively simple, but I have tried numerous changes but nothing seems to work.