DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Are the new CAFO rules too weak?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 100.00%
  • No, I don't mind living next to a smoldering pile of $hit

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bush CAFO rules changes cause burning problem!

Thumbs down Bush CAFO rules changes cause burning problem!

One of many articles describing the changes to the Confined Animal Feeding Operations (CAFO) rules.

-Permitting & Self-permitting-
    In a most astonishing development, EPA’s rules allow the CAFO operator to write its own Nutrient Management Plan, and then shields the CAFO from enforcement as long as it has implemented the Plan. This write your own ticket to pollution approach has been soundly rejected by the 9th Circuit in a case challenging EPA’s similar approach to urban stormwater.
    Which results in large Manure fires, which can't be put out with water!

A huge mountain of cow manure is seen smoldering at a feedlot near Milford, Neb., Tuesday, Jan. 18, 2005. The estimated 2,000-ton pile of burning cow manure spontaneously combusted about two months ago and continues to smolder despite attempts to douse it. (AP Photo/Nati Harnik)

Oh gandolf, saving the world one pile of sh*t at a time.
    I remember when this place was cool.

Originally posted by Mr.Hanky
    Oh gandolf, saving the world one pile of sh*t at a time.
    Unfortunately for you, you can't be saved!!!

What's needed is a small-to-medium sized state that already smells like sh*t, and that no-one gives a sh*t about, so all the sh*t can be sent there. Preferably on the East Coast so the prevailing winds carry the stench out to sea.

H'mmm, I wonder which one would be best suited?
    David Aldridge,
    "The Oracle Sponge"

Senior Manager, Business Intelligence Development
    XM Satellite Radio
    Washington, DC

Oracle ACE

Originally posted by slimdave
    What's needed is a small-to-medium sized state that already smells like sh*t, and that no-one gives a sh*t about, so all the sh*t can be sent there. Preferably on the East Coast so the prevailing winds carry the stench out to sea.

Look a little further east for your answer Limey!

Originally posted by slimdave

Well it can't be New Joisey, that's already being used.

Well it can't be New Joisey, that's already being used
    I probably wouldn't put that on the folks of where Mr Hanky was refering, but south of there?..........maybe.

Just keep it out of the Virginia's
    Rick

Sigh.....those were the days my friend, I thought they'd never end.
    I too remember when this place was coo.

Ok, let’s compromise, we can send it all to Philadelphia.

Originally posted by Mr.Hanky
    Look a little further east for your answer Limey!
    That's OK, you'd never find it anyway ... http://archives.cnn.com/2002/EDUCATI...eography.quiz/

On the other hand ...

Thirty-four percent of the young Americans knew that the island used on last season's "Survivor" show was located in the South Pacific, but only 30 percent could locate the state of New Jersey on a map. The "Survivor" show's location was the Marquesas Islands in the eastern South Pacific.

• When asked to find 10 specific states on a map of the United States, only California and Texas could be located by a large majority of those surveyed. Both states were correctly located by 89 percent of the participants. Only 51 percent could find New York, the nation's third most populous state.

• On a world map, Americans could find on average only seven of 16 countries in the quiz. Only 89 percent of the Americans surveyed could find their own country on the map.

• In the world map test, Swedes could find an average of 13 of the 16 countries. Germans and Italians were next, with an average of 12 each.

• Only 71 percent of the surveyed Americans could locate on the map the Pacific Ocean, the world's largest body of water. Worldwide, three in 10 of those surveyed could not correctly locate the Pacific Ocean.

• Although 81 percent of the surveyed Americans knew that the Middle East is the Earth's largest oil exporter, only 24 percent could find Saudi Arabia on the map.
    David Aldridge,
    "The Oracle Sponge"

Senior Manager, Business Intelligence Development
    XM Satellite Radio
    Washington, DC

Oracle ACE

Poor poor dave. Educated, "intellectual", British and stuck here with all of us stupid Americans with our stupid politicians.

I am playing the worlds saddest song on the worlds smallest violin just for you.