DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Data Extraction

Data Extraction

Hi,

I have a table in my schema (A) that has the part# and the associated cost. There are two other tables in a different schema (B) that have this data along with lots of other data. What I need to do is to extract the above two pieces of information from two different tables in schema B and load the table in schema A. The common link between the schemas is the quote number. Apologies if I did not frame the queston right. Please let me know if this can be done and if so how. Any example sql statements would greatly help.

Thanks,
    Sankar.
    Sankar B. Mandalika

Re: Data Extraction

Originally posted by sankar6254
    Hi,

I have a table in my schema (A) that has the part# and the associated cost. There are two other tables in a different schema (B) that have this data along with lots of other data. What I need to do is to extract the above two pieces of information from two different tables in schema B and load the table in schema A. The common link between the schemas is the quote number. Apologies if I did not frame the queston right. Please let me know if this can be done and if so how. Any example sql statements would greatly help.

Thanks,
    Sankar.
    of course it can be done, just grant the appropriate priveleges and join on a.tab1.quote# = b.tab2.quote#