sqlbld.sql for Transaction builder
In 8i we will run sqlbld.sql to install the tables,indexes and synonyms required for Transaction builder.In 9i I could not able to see this sqlbld.sql.
Can you please let me know whether the name of the sql changed in 9i or else something i am missing.
This note applies to Oracle Translation Builder 3 and to Oracle Translation Builder 6. Oracle Translation Builder version 3.x is part of Developer 2000 versions 1.6.x and 2.x, whereas Oracle Translation Builder version 6.x is included in Oracle Developer 6.0 and 6I. First thing to do is check if the necessary sql-scripts are already installed. Check the directory %ORACLE_HOME%\tools\dbtab20\otm31 in case of version 3.x Check the directory %ORACLE_HOME%\tools\dbtab60\otm60 in case of version 6.x. If this directory is not there, or it is empty you first need to use the Installer and install from your Developer CD the 'DataBase Tables'.
After that you are ready to install or create the Oracle Translation Builder tables in the database as follows :
1. Connect in SQL*Plus to your database as SYSTEM.
2. Run the script sqlbld.sql, normally located in the directory %ORACLE_HOME%\tools\dbtab20\otm31 in case of OTB version 3 %ORACLE_HOME%\tools\dbtab60\otm60 in case of OTB version 6.
3. This will create all the tables, indexes, and synonyms required by Translation Builder.
If you ever need to de-install or drop the Oracle Translation Builder tables from the database this can be accomplished as follows :
1. Be very sure before you proceed of what you are doing here : if any translations have been performed with Oracle Translation Builder then all these translations will be dropped and it will NOT be possible to re-use them. If that is the intention then you can proceed.
2. Connect in SQL*Plus to your database as SYSTEM.
3. Run the script sqldrp.sql, normally located in the directory %ORACLE_HOME%\tools\dbtab20\otm31 in case of OTB version 3.x %ORACLE_HOME%\tools\dbtab60\otm60 in case of OTB version 6.x.
4. This will drop all the tables, indexes, and synonyms required by Translation Builder.
In some versions of Oracle Developer the oracle translation manager sql-scripts are installed automatically when installing Oracle Translation Builder. In other versions they are not and then you must first install the 'Database Tables' from the Developer CD.
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width