Table Icon
DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Table Icon

Question Table Icon

In the list of tables in a schema, there are on or more tables with a diferent icon from the rest and what makes these tables unusual to me is the fact that they do not seem to belong to any tablespaces. What are these tables called?

Icons? In Oracle datbase? Icons???? (It must be a Win instalation of Oracle - right, Jeff? )

You probably are talking about representaion of database objects in some GUI tool, are you? If so, then the most probable reason for diffrent visual simbols is that some of the tables are of type IOT.
    Jurij Modic
    ASCII a stupid question, get a stupid ANSI
    24 hours in a day .... 24 beer in a case .... coincidence?

Re: Table Icon

Originally posted by CNN
    In the list of tables in a schema, there are on or more tables with a diferent icon from the rest and what makes these tables unusual to me is the fact that they do not seem to belong to any tablespaces. What are these tables called?
    tables with out a TS huh? cool, so the data just is *out* there in outer space.

Say hi to Wolf Blitzer for me!
    I'm stmontgo and I approve of this message

> some of the tables are of type IOT

Either that or perhaps GTT (Global Temporary Tables).

You could check in IOT_TYPE and / or TEMPORARY columns of DBA_TABLES.

Re: Table Icon

Originally posted by CNN
    Which GUI tool are you using? Look into the property/detail of the table, you will have some clue.
    Sanjay G.
    Oracle Certified Professional 8i, 9i.

"The degree of normality in a database is inversely proportional to that of its DBA"