DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: upgrade oracle 8.1.7 to 9.2

upgrade oracle 8.1.7 to 9.2

Hi, i am in the midst of upgrading oracle from 8.1.7.2 to oracle 9.2. However, my ./runInstaller is not showing any screens at all. Please advise. Initially, this was fine but not working now. My $DISPLAY was okay. But the ipadress from the xterm session is not my PC ip.

Re: upgrade oracle 8.1.7 to 9.2

Originally posted by yls177
    Hi, i am in the midst of upgrading oracle from 8.1.7.2 to oracle 9.2. However, my ./runInstaller is not showing any screens at all. Please advise. Initially, this was fine but not working now. My $DISPLAY was okay. But the ipadress from the xterm session is not my PC ip.
    then set it correctly...

i have set it to the ip address of my pc but still ./runInstaller doesnt appear. Please note that there are no error messages either.

Please advise

Originally posted by yls177
    i have set it to the ip address of my pc but still ./runInstaller doesnt appear. Please note that there are no error messages either.

Please advise
    if you don't know what you are doing, use an ssh tunnel instead - dont have to worry about setting the display then.

Or find the ip address the server thinks you are connected from and use that.

i find the cause already.

in my oracle user profile, i have this setting "setenv DISPLAY" to some other ip other than my pc. And when i try to redirect the display, i used "set" instead of setenv.

cheerios