DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10g OEM new features anywhere?

10g OEM new features anywhere?

Is there any document or white paper that gives out all the new features of 10g OEM? I installed 10g OEM and trying out new features as I investigate the tool and developing my own doc in the process. Rather than that, I am looking for a concise document that lists out all the new features. I searched oracle's site, otn, metalink, other ora sites like lazydba, orafaq and including this site, but did not find any such doc. Is anyone aware if such a doc was published?

Thanks for your time.
    Prasad.

You apparently didn't look at tahiti.oracle.com

Yes I did not. But that link give me the new features for 10g Database, nothing about OEM. However, there is a link at the bottom OEM documentation and when I following I find nothing new. I have already went thru all those docs/pdfs. I am looking for something like 10g OEM New features guide...

Thanks anyway.
    -Prasad.

Well, I can tell you that the client java version supports only range partitioning. Which seriously sucks. After all, hash and composite partitioning have been around since 8i and it still doesn't support them.
    David Aldridge,
    "The Oracle Sponge"

Senior Manager, Business Intelligence Development
    XM Satellite Radio
    Washington, DC

Oracle ACE

SlimDave: I believe you are trying to respond to another post. Tell me if I am wrong.

-Prasad.

Originally posted by MJP
    SlimDave: I believe you are trying to respond to another post. Tell me if I am wrong.

-Prasad.
    As requested, "you're wrong"

I was refering to the 10g OEM client version -- it comes on the "Companion Disk" or whatever it's called.
    David Aldridge,
    "The Oracle Sponge"

XM Satellite Radio
    Washington, DC

Oracle ACE

Darn it, I was hoping to be right

Anyways, at this point, I am just preparing a new features document only. And the closest thing I could find is the OEM 10g concepts guide.

Thanks all for the time.
    -Prasad.

The 10g focus for OEM seems to be on moving to a web-based grid control environment -- it's OK, but a bit of a heavyweight solution for my own simple needs. Also, it keeps hanging on me when I try to look at tablespaces, so i moved back to the "old-style" java client interface. I don't think that the java client has changed much at all -- if they haven't updated the partitioning abilities, then I don't see much future for it.

General question: why does Oracle Corp suck so badly at designing anything that needs a human interface?
    David Aldridge,
    "The Oracle Sponge"

XM Satellite Radio
    Washington, DC

Oracle ACE

Originally posted by slimdave
    The 10g focus for OEM seems to be on moving to a web-based grid General question: why does Oracle Corp suck so badly at designing anything that needs a human interface?
    Because they are a database company not a database tools company.
    Larry doesn't care about the tools that go with Oracle, but he should!

Originally posted by gandolf989
    Because they are a database company not a database tools company.
    Larry doesn't care about the tools that go with Oracle, but he should!
    Personally, I'd rather he fix the several thousand bugs in 10.1 rather than put a pretty face on it. Leave the tools to the people that know how to write an interface.
    Jeff Hunter