DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: iAS 10g Installation Issues

Unhappy iAS 10g Installation Issues

Hello,

I reinstalled Forms/Reports Services 10g on my Linux Red Hat Enterprise 3 (ES) box.
    I noticed the following discrepencies / issues following the Oracle Installation Guide:

1) The version of the openmotif installed is: openmotif 2.2.2-16, the one required is openmotif21-2.1.30.8
    2) In my .bash_profile file, I set the LD_ASSUME_KERNEL parameter from 2.4.1 to 2.4.21-4 + made sure that the PATH / CLASSPATH / LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable did not reference any ORACLE_HOME folders
    3) I noticed that NLS_LANG was not set
    4) I am not sure if I am using the hugemem Kernel, but I ran the command setarch i386
    5) I ran patch 3006854, but got an output: bash:.////: permission denied
    (I noticed that I have 3 files in the /etc folder, ld.so.conf, ld.so.cache, ld.so.preload)

Could any of these discrepencies explain why I cannot run my WebReports through WebForms ?

PT

Re: iAS 10g Installation Issues

Originally posted by ptreves
    1) The version of the openmotif installed is: openmotif 2.2.2-16, the one required is openmotif21-2.1.30.8
    So? Many of those specifications are minimum levels.
    2) In my .bash_profile file, I set the LD_ASSUME_KERNEL parameter from 2.4.1 to 2.4.21-4 + made sure that the PATH / CLASSPATH / LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable did not reference any ORACLE_HOME folders
    And that has to do with what? That you followed a direction for once? How is that a discrepancy?
    3) I noticed that NLS_LANG was not set
    So what?
    4) I am not sure if I am using the hugemem Kernel, but I ran the command setarch i386
    Neither is anyone else with what you provided.

5) I ran patch 3006854, but got an output: bash:.////: permission denied
    (I noticed that I have 3 files in the /etc folder, ld.so.conf, ld.so.cache, ld.so.preload)
    And by now you don't know what "permission denied" refers to with respect to the UNIX file system?

Could any of these discrepencies explain why I cannot run my WebReports through WebForms ?
    Sure, why not? But you should also consider planetary alignment because I sincerely believe that is going to have an impact on your installation.

Unhappy Status of Reports Services

Hello Stecal,

I am doing my homework..........Reading the Oracle Doc...
    -----
    I can run WebForms through the Web.
    I can call-up the Reports Web Parameter Forms. When, I press on the "Submit" button in the Parameter Form, I get a REP-51018 login screen asking me for :

REP-51018: Database User Authentication Needed

I enter the correct username/password/database information, then I see that the Reports Services is processing and then get a new browser windows saying that "Page Cannot be Displayed"
    -----
    On the Linux Server, I can run Stand Alone Reports with the following URL as example:

http://linux2005:7783/reports/rwserv...eport=test.rdf

http://linux2005:7783/reports/rwserv...l&report=Tbmin
    bok.rdf&userid=alcie/alcie@oracleln&P_STARTMINUTE=32488

http://linux2005:7783/reports/rwserv...l&report=BTREP
    PRO.rdf&userid=alcie/alcie@oracleln&P_PROJECT=32382

1) Does it mean that my Forms/Reports Services is Properly installed ?

I defined/configured the REPORTS_PATH + REPORTS_CLASSPATH variables according to the Reports Deployment Guide. I checked the "SourceDir" of the .conf file + set the reports.properties file.

2) What seems to be the issue preventing the WebReports from being called from WebForms ?

PT

PS: LS_ASSUME_KERNEL variable was initially set to 2.4.1 then reset to 2.4.21-4 according to the installation guide. The only discrepency is the version of the OPENMOTIF Red Hat Library + The execution of the 3006854 Patch.
    -----
    Note, On Oracle 9iDS I can run the same WebReports without Problems. Of course I get the same REP-51018 followed by REP-50004 Erros Reports Services. When I click the Web Parameter Form Reset button I can generate the WebReport without error.
    -----