I reinstalled Forms/Reports Services 10g on my Linux Red Hat Enterprise 3 (ES) box.
I noticed the following discrepencies / issues following the Oracle Installation Guide:
1) The version of the openmotif installed is: openmotif 2.2.2-16, the one required is openmotif21-22.214.171.124
2) In my .bash_profile file, I set the LD_ASSUME_KERNEL parameter from 2.4.1 to 2.4.21-4 + made sure that the PATH / CLASSPATH / LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable did not reference any ORACLE_HOME folders
3) I noticed that NLS_LANG was not set
4) I am not sure if I am using the hugemem Kernel, but I ran the command setarch i386
5) I ran patch 3006854, but got an output: bash:.////: permission denied
(I noticed that I have 3 files in the /etc folder, ld.so.conf, ld.so.cache, ld.so.preload)
Could any of these discrepencies explain why I cannot run my WebReports through WebForms ?
I am doing my homework..........Reading the Oracle Doc...
I can run WebForms through the Web.
I can call-up the Reports Web Parameter Forms. When, I press on the "Submit" button in the Parameter Form, I get a REP-51018 login screen asking me for :
REP-51018: Database User Authentication Needed
I enter the correct username/password/database information, then I see that the Reports Services is processing and then get a new browser windows saying that "Page Cannot be Displayed"
On the Linux Server, I can run Stand Alone Reports with the following URL as example:
1) Does it mean that my Forms/Reports Services is Properly installed ?
I defined/configured the REPORTS_PATH + REPORTS_CLASSPATH variables according to the Reports Deployment Guide. I checked the "SourceDir" of the .conf file + set the reports.properties file.
2) What seems to be the issue preventing the WebReports from being called from WebForms ?
PS: LS_ASSUME_KERNEL variable was initially set to 2.4.1 then reset to 2.4.21-4 according to the installation guide. The only discrepency is the version of the OPENMOTIF Red Hat Library + The execution of the 3006854 Patch.
Note, On Oracle 9iDS I can run the same WebReports without Problems. Of course I get the same REP-51018 followed by REP-50004 Erros Reports Services. When I click the Web Parameter Form Reset button I can generate the WebReport without error.