DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ORA-01041 Resolved

ORA-01041 Resolved

Hi all,
    It's been along time since i posted here, i just want to share something with you, a couple of days ago i wanted to install Oracle9i on a windows server for testing purpose, while using Database Configuration Assistant and during the creation of the instance i got ORA-01041: internal error. hostdef extension doesn't exist.

to tell you the truth i tried many things and it took me sometime to figure out that i have to set the 'SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES' parameter in the sqlnet.ora file to (NONE).

i just thought i would share this with you guys.

Cheers.
    Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm.

If u have searched on this forum it is discussed long back.

that would be weird, because i remember searching this forum, Could you please post a link to the thread discussing the problem i mentioned and describes the same solution i reached?

Regards.

Last edited by akhadar; 12-12-2004 at 02:31 AM.

Hi Akhadar,
    well the first link is not pointing me to any thread, and the second one is talking about ORA-03113, not ORA-01041 (i remember searching by the error number ORA-01041 when i first got the error).

Anyways thank you my friend.

Cheers.

Thanks

Hai,

Thanks for the information. I was trying to find the solution for the problem for last 3hrs. I could rectify it from the answer you have given.
    Thanks once again.

Suma
    suminarayanan@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by hany
    Hi all,
    It's been along time since i posted here, i just want to share something with you, a couple of days ago i wanted to install Oracle9i on a windows server for testing purpose, while using Database Configuration Assistant and during the creation of the instance i got ORA-01041: internal error. hostdef extension doesn't exist.

to tell you the truth i tried many things and it took me sometime to figure out that i have to set the 'SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES' parameter in the sqlnet.ora file to (NONE).

i just thought i would share this with you guys.

Cheers.