DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Procedure question

Procedure question

I have a procedure that contains about 40 queries. One of these queries is bombing out with an "ORA-01422: exact fetch returns more than requested number of rows" error. Here's my question...short of putting DBMS_OUTPUT statements before and after each query to find out which one is causing the error, is there an easier way to trap which query is generating the error? I use WHENEVER SQLERROR EXIT SQL.SQLCODE which works great, but it doesn't tell me which query caused the error.

Re: Procedure question

Originally posted by ssmith001
    I have a procedure ...I use WHENEVER SQLERROR EXIT SQL.SQLCODE which works great
    Not in a procedure you don't. Maybe you could explain what you are trying to do more clearly with examples. (and not all 40 queries)
    Jeff Hunter

Here's an example of 1 of the queries...

SELECT ltrim(to_char(NVL(SUM(sc.haul_cost),0),'0999999.99')) INTO l_bol_line_haul
    FROM fp_so_cost sc
    , fp_shipment_order so
    WHERE so.cost_key = sc.cost_key
    AND sc.cost_type = 'I'
    AND so.load_id = bol_rec.inv_bol;

Is there anything I can do before or after executing this SQL stmt that will help me know if there has been any SQL errors during execution?

sigh.

Do you have these multiple queries in a script that you are running via sqlplus?

Have you experimented with the "set" commands ("set echo on", perhaps).
    Jeff Hunter