DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: oidmon / oidctl utilities + Forms/Reports Services 10g

Unhappy oidmon / oidctl utilities + Forms/Reports Services 10g

Hello,

I installed Forms/Reports Services 10g on my Linux box.
    I was looking for the oidmon and oidctl utilities for Oracle Internet Directory Utilities but could not find them any where.

Are the oidmon and oidctl utilities installed or part of the Forms/Reports Services 10g package ?

PT

Re: oidmon / oidctl utilities + Forms/Reports Services 10g

Originally posted by ptreves
    Hello,

I installed Forms/Reports Services 10g on my Linux box.
    I was looking for the oidmon and oidctl utilities for Oracle Internet Directory Utilities but could not find them any where.

Are the oidmon and oidctl utilities installed or part of the Forms/Reports Services 10g package ?

PT
    what did the docs have to say about it?

It is right in front of you in the *beep* release notes. How many times do you have to be told to read the friggin' documentation?

Unhappy Comments

Hello guys,

You guys are tough.
    I am doing my homework like I have mentionned before.
    There is so much information to read in the Oracle documentation and from different sources on internet and on metalink and OTN.

Even if I read, sometimes I do not understand or master things right away, it takes some time to assimilate the material and understand all the particulars.

I redid the installation of the Oracle9i iDS on Windows XP Pro and I noticed that during the installation I did not specify an OID server (Oracle Internet Directories Server), I believe that this could be related some how to SSO (Signel Sign ON) and the error screen that I am seeing for the REP-51018 and the REP-50004 errors.

Your feedback is appreciated.

PT