DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Just passed the 10g upgrade . . .

Talking Just passed the 10g upgrade . . .

First of all I would like to thank Tim and Julian for always setting the bar high. As both of them have contributed I will add my two cents about the exam.

I just came from the test and it was probably the hardest Oracle test that I have taken.
    As mentioned by Tim and Julian there are many questions of the type select the proper answers out of a list of answers; for example 6/8. ASM, Backup & Recover and Flashback Query were the subjects that were heavily present on my test. Also for the first time that I have seen there was a question that was “What screen is this on?” related to part of OEM.

In terms of preparation, this time I had access to the following:
    ILT, STS, Oracle documentation, and “OCP Oracle Database 10g : New Features for Administrators Exam Guide” from Oracle Press.

I spent most of my time with ILT and STS. STS now also has a nice feature of referencing Oracle Documentation (at least to the proper book and chapter) via hyperlink.

Good luck to all !!!

EY

Hi eyen1,

Congrats!

Did you get the ILT from attending Oracle class or found it somewhere on the web?

Cheers
    Oracbase
    What's next after 10g?

I received my ILT from taking the course. As far as I know this is the ONLY legitimate way that you can get the ILT.

Hi.

Well done mate.

Remember, the only reason to pass the OCP is to put it on your forum signature.

Cheers
    Tim...
    OCP DBA 7.3, 8, 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g
    OCA PL/SQL Developer
    Oracle ACE Director
    My website: oracle-base.com
    My blog: oracle-base.com/blog