DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't start OMS service on win 2k3 server

Thumbs up

Originally posted by bazza
    What do you mean you cant 'connect' to the agent? Do you mean you cant discover a node? Are you talking about a remote agent or the agent on the box where the oms/repository is?

Is the agent running? Clean start the agent (note on metalink how to do this), are the ports the agent uses (1754 and 1748 off the top of my head-better check) and the ports that the OMS uses (7773 and 7772 - again check these on metalink) open? If its a remote agent, is DNS configuration ok? can you nslookup and reverse nslookup from each machine to the other?
    The network configuration was OK
    Finnaly it works, what I did was just edit %ORA_HOME\network\admin\snmp_rw.ora add the string "HOST=my_servers_hostname" as related on metalink doc 80353.998, restart the service "OracleOraHome92Agent" and now I am able to detect the node.

Thanks to all

Originally posted by maguila
    The network configuration was OK
    Finnaly it works, what I did was just edit %ORA_HOME\network\admin\snmp_rw.ora add the string "HOST=my_servers_hostname" as related on metalink doc 80353.998, restart the service "OracleOraHome92Agent" and now I am able to detect the node.

Thanks to all
    Glad you fixed, OEM configuration can be a pain, but once done, its normally quite stable.

Baz

Originally posted by bazza
    Glad you fixed, OEM configuration can be a pain, but once done, its normally quite stable.

Baz
    Thank you

Originally posted by stmontgo
    I'm running oracle on win 2003 box and after running windows update terminal server won't allow anyone on . . .
    Just stumbled over a note I made saying that Terminal Server doesn't support "bequeath" (under whatever circumstances I don't know . . . must be in MetaLink) - you have to go via the listener.