DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Import errors

Hybrid View

Import errors

Good morning (or afternoon). I'm importing an export I made on an 8.1.7 database into a 9.2.0.4 version. Unfortunately I'm getting IMP-00008 errors which seems to indicate either corruption in the dmp file or that I need to report the problem to Oracle themselves. Before I do the latter, I wonder whether anyone here can share experiences of this kind of thing. A few facts which might be relevant:

dmp files are compressed and spread over 10 files in all. I am uncompressing the files using a pipe into the imp process.

The following is the par file I am using:

file=PLAY01.dmp PLAY02.dmp PLAY03.dmp PLAY05.dmp PLAY06.dmp PLAY07.dmp PLAY08.dmp PLAY09.dmp PLAY10.dmp
    log=PLAYimp.log
    full=y
    commit=y
    ignore=y
    buffer=10000000
    analyze=n
    indexes=y
    rows=y
    grants=y

Any and all opinions/suggestions gratefully received. There's no particular urgency, but it would be nice to resolve this before trying it on the production version. Thanks.
    If I have to choose between two evils, I always like to choose the one I haven't tried yet.

Heh. A bit back-to-front, Kenneth, but doing a search in this forum has suggested that increasing the buffer size might fix the problem. I'll try it and let you know how it goes.
    If I have to choose between two evils, I always like to choose the one I haven't tried yet.