DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WebReports: REP-51018 / REP-50004 errors

Unhappy WebReports: REP-51018 / REP-50004 errors

Hello everyone,

When deploying my Forms/Reports 9i application over the Web with my Linux server, I get REP-51018 and REP-50004 errors when I try to call WebReports from WebForms.

1) Any anyone ran into this problem before ?

2) Would reinstalling Forms/Reports 10g without any SSO (Single Sign ON) feature resolve this matter ?

I have read that I should use the SYNCHRONIZE keyword before the call to Web.Show_document + make changes to my (report server).conf file + make changes to my rwservlet.properties file.

3) Any insight into this issue ?

Regards,

PT

in the previous thread you say you are already re-installing - so what exactly are you doing (apart from not reading the manuals)

Angry Comments

Hello,

I have not reinstalled anything.
    I doubt if this is related to my installation.

Do not judge me in such a way. I am working very hard to resolve this issue. I have read many Oracle documents on doing a Migration from 6i to 9i. I have also read many articles on metalink and Oracle Posts. They have been a good source of information.

I have not been able to resolve this issue so far

Any suggestions ?

PT

Re: Comments

Originally posted by ptreves
    Hello,

I have not reinstalled anything.
    I doubt if this is related to my installation.

Do not judge me in such a way. I am working very hard to resolve this issue. I have read many Oracle documents on doing a Migration from 6i to 9i. I have also read many articles on metalink and Oracle Posts. They have been a good source of information.

I have not been able to resolve this issue so far

Any suggestions ?

PT
    you deserve it because you consistently haven't read the manuals - we all remember the linux debacle.

Do you actually understand what you are doing, or are you just reading and doing without knowing what you are doing

Re: WebReports: REP-51018 / REP-50004 errors

Originally posted by ptreves

2) Would reinstalling Forms/Reports 10g without any SSO (Single Sign ON) feature resolve this matter ?

I have read that I should use the SYNCHRONIZE keyword before the call to Web.Show_document + make changes to my (report server).conf file + make changes to my rwservlet.properties file.
    For you, reinstalling is always an option. Wipe the disk and reload the OS first.

I have read that I should use the SYNCHRONIZE keyword before the call to Web.Show_document

And have you done this, just like the MetaLink note says to do, or will you leave the world wondering if you can read and follow directions?

Unhappy Oracle Documentation

Hello everyone,

Your guys are tough.
    Here is a source of Oracle documents that I have read related to this matter as well as forum postings and metalink notes:

1) Oracle Forms Services - Using Run_Report_Object to call Reports with a Parameter Form (frmrepparamforms.pdf)
    2) Oracle Application Server 10g - Integrating Oracle Reports in Oracle Forms Services Applications
    3) Oracle Forms Services - Secure Web.Show_Document calls to Oracle Reports
    4) Integrating Oracle9iAS Reports in Oracle9iAS Forms

These refences mention that calls to WebReports from WebForms should be made through a generic function called RUN_REPORT_OBJECT_PROC which I have done. Which I have done.

These references also mentioon that 3 extra USER_PARAMETERS should be added to the reports to Web Enable them. Also, A Before Parameter Form trigger should be added. All of this I have also done and has resulted in the best results that I have so far.

I have also read Metalink documents:
    1) Note: 219464.1 How to COnvert Run_Product to Run_Report_Object for Migrating to the Web
    2) FRM-41213 while calling reports form from in 9iDS
    3) Note: 115532.1 Call to RUN_REPORT_OBJECT from WebForms does not display Reports in Browser
    4) Note: 139546.1: Using Reports parameter forms with RUN_REPORT_OBJECT on the web

In addition I have read the following article that I found on the Web:
    1) Installation Cookbooks: Deploying Reports on the Web

=====
    Through these sources and other, I have learned a greath deal about the working environment iDS and iAS but I have not been able to resolve the issues I have mentionned.

By uncommenting certain parameters in the rwservlet.properties file, I generated a reports trace file and looked at its content which kind of mentionned the errors: REP-50125, REP-51018 and REP-50004.

I have doing a lot of work on my own to resolve these issues.
    Your feedback is appreciated.

Regards,

PT

Unhappy Effort so far

Hello again,

Let me just mention to you the effort that I have been doing to resolve this issue on the Oracle 9iDS and Forms/Reports Services 10g.

1) rwservlet.properties: made the following settings:
    SINGLESIGNON=NO, RELOAD_KEYMAP=NO, TRACEFILE=rwservlet.trc, TRACEOPTS=TRACE_ALL
    2) rep_terrain2004.conf: sourceDir="H:/TEMP/", removed the and tags

Just for reference on the iDS environement, my stand-alone report server is called RepSRV and on the iAS, my in-process reports server is called rep_Linux2005.

3) init.ora: set the SESSIONS=9999
    4) Added the SYNCHRONIZE keywork in the generic RUN_REPORT_OBJECT_PROC

All these modification I have read aboutin reference to these errors, but have not resolved these problems.

Your insight is appreciated...

Regards,

PT

Unhappy Still Unresolved

Hello,

Does any one have any ideas how to resolve this issue ?

PT

raise a Tar with support, they will help you and might even be courteous with is

Unhappy Raising a TAR

Hello davey,

You mean raise a TAR with Oracle support.
    The problem is that I do not have a support account with Oracle.

Any suggestions about how to resolve this issue ?

Paolo