DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WebReports: REP-51018 / REP-50004 errors

Re: Raising a TAR

Originally posted by ptreves
    Hello davey,

You mean raise a TAR with Oracle support.
    The problem is that I do not have a support account with Oracle.

Any suggestions about how to resolve this issue ?

Paolo
    FANTASTIC - is this for business or pleasure?

Unhappy Feasability work

Hello,

This is an evaluation/feasability consulting project.
    This analysis/implementation is done in order to determine the complexity of installing this software.

Again, is there any source of information on this ?

Paolo

Re: Feasability work

Hello,

This analysis/implementation is done in order to determine the complexity of installing this software.

Again, is there any source of information on this ?

Paolo
    yes - its called the docs and metalink - get a support contract

Re: Feasability work

Is the determination of complexity based upon your recommendation(s)? That's not a fair evaluation. It typically installs and runs with no problems whatsoever. Thousands of users/customers have done it. How many other postings do you see on the Internet (in all of the other web sites you've posted this and other questions to) with problems like the ones you're continually experiencing? I'm not hacking on you, just wondering what the customer's response is going to be when you say installation is a nightmare, but it was only a nightmare for you and not the rest of the world. Think about how much time you've spent over the past several months with simple, I mean really simple issues such as installation, and weigh that against the cost of buying support from Oracle. In your case, you would have been able to save numerous hours and much personal grief. Just something to think about. Oracle Support can do a remote desktop session with you and "look" at your setup a lot better than anyone reading your repeated questions on the Internet.

Unhappy Comments

Hello,

I understand what you are saying.
    I installed the Oracle 9i Database and Forms/Reports Services 10g without errors and I am using them.

The errors I am mentionning are related to the deployment of the Forms/Reports application itself, more precisely Forms calling Reports through a Parameter Form. Like I said, I searched though Metalink and the Oracle documentation I have sited on the matter and implemented several of the fixes suggested but have not been able to resolve the issue so far.

I would appreciate your guidance in trying to resolve this issue ???

Regards,

PT

Re: Re: Feasability work

Originally posted by stecal
    Oracle Support can do a remote desktop session with you and "look" at your setup a lot better than anyone reading your repeated questions on the Internet.

Unhappy Web Migration / Oracle

Hello,

This being a trial version and feasibility study, the client does not want to Oracle involved at this stage for financial reasons.

Are you telling me that no one as ran into these problems or that no one worked a migration to the Web with Forms calling Reports over the Web (using Parameter Forms)?

PT

Re: Web Migration / Oracle

Hello,

This being a trial version and feasibility study, the client does not want to Oracle involved at this stage for financial reasons.

Are you telling me that no one as ran into these problems or that no one worked a migration to the Web with Forms calling Reports over the Web (using Parameter Forms)?

PT
    im sure the people who tried it did it properly, due to the fact you can't find anything to help you anywhere - trash it and start again

Unhappy Comments

Hello,

I can run my Forms Through the Web on Oracle 9i iDS and call my Reports from my Forms. The only problem, like I have mentionned is that on the first time that I try to invoke my Reports from my Forms using Parameter Forms, I get the REP-51018 / REP-500O4 Errors.

I found some refences on MEtalink, saying to disable the SSO in the rwservlet.properties file, increase the SESSION parameter in the init.ora file. Which I have done.

However the problem still persist. I get the impression this is more
    a configuration issue.

-----
    On the iAS running on Linux Red Hat Forms/Reports Services 10g,
    I get a Parameter form that is missing for Fields of Type Character + my corresponding WebReports do not come-up through the Web.

The same code works under Oracle 9iiDS however.

I am not convinced that these issues are related to my installation. I did not run into any errors during the installation.

Any ideas ?

PT