Hello,

I modified my Forms/Reports 9i application to run my Reports over the Web.
Under Oracle 9iDS (Develope Suite) installed on Windows XP Pro, I can invoke and run my Reports with Parameter forms from Forms. This works pretty well.

I modified my code as suggested in the Oracle Documentation and do not use a default migration PLL library as generated by the FMA (Forms Migration Assistant) tool.

repid := find_report_object('BTPRTINV');
reportserver:= 'RepSRV';
runformat := 'htmlcss';

RUN_REPORT_OBJECT_PROC(repid,'rep_Linux2005','HTMLCSS',CACHE,'H:\TEMP\BTREPPRO_test.rdf',
'PARAMFORM=YES P_ACTIONS=http://terrain2004:8888/reports/rwservlet?' ||
' P_PROJECT=' || :variable.project ||
' P_SERVER_NAME='||reportserver ||
' P_SURVEYOR=' || NVL(to_char(:variable.surveyor),'0') ||
' P_USER_CONNECT='||vc_connect,
'/reports/rwservlet');
--------------------------
THe problem is the deployment on my Linux Red Hat Enterprise 3 (ES) server.
I modified my code to reflect the Linux server environment. Here is a sample call to my function under iAS:

repid := find_report_object('BTPRTINV');
reportserver:= 'rep_Linux2005';
runformat := 'htmlcss';

RUN_REPORT_OBJECT_PROC(repid,'rep_Linux2005','HTMLCSS',CACHE,'/u01/app01/oracle_iAS_10g/forms90/Source_9i/Btreppro.rdf',
'PARAMFORM=YES P_ACTIONS=http://Linux2005:7780/reports/rwservlet?' ||
' P_PROJECT=' || :variable.project ||
' P_SERVER_NAME='||reportserver ||
' P_SURVEYOR=' || NVL(to_char(:variable.surveyor),'0') ||
' P_USER_CONNECT='||vc_connect,
'/reports/rwservlet');

When I run my application over the Web, I get an error message like 'Report failed with message: TERMINATED_WITH_ERROR'.
This is a report status message that comes from the RP2RRO.PLL. THe problem is that I do not make reference to this PLL in my modified Forms/Reports application.

1) Does anyone have an idea, why I am getting an error like this ?
2) Is there anyway for me to rename my 'in-process' server called rep_Linux2005 to RepSRV ?
3) Do I need to lauch a seperate stand-alone server through rwserver server=RepSRV everytime I will run my WebReports from WebForms ?

PT