DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Can not logon into EM console on Oracle 10G with SO Login

Question Can not logon into EM console on Oracle 10G with SO Login

Hi All,
    I have a Windows 2K3 Server Enterprise, With Oracle 10G, and I just can't logon with a SO user into EM console oracle 10G database (web interface). I'm using local administrator user and all my services are up and running with this account. There's disk space and I can logon with any oracle user.
    I tried to logon like this "servername\administrator" and like this "administrator". My password is "abc123." and the error is "wrong password". But for sure It's not wrong.
    Someone has any idea?
    Since now thanks, Pedro Valiati.
    Pedro Valiati - Brasil

If you mean database console, then it doesnt use the OS username, its uses database username and passwords

I desagree, in the case of startup the database on the console, we can use only os user or both, oracle and os user.
    Pedro Valiati - Brasil

well why didnt you mention it was on startup of the database - all you said was you couldnt log into EM, which does only take oracle usernames and passwords

Originally posted by pvaliati
    I desagree, in the case of startup the database on the console, we can use only os user or both, oracle and os user.
    Sorry what is the issue here? You can't logon to Grid control, is that it? If so, grid control doesn't use OS usernames or even database usernames for that matter...it uses it own set of usernames like sysman.

Sorry if this isn't your problem, I had a hard time following what you meant.

i *think* he is trying to start the database from EM or db console, which does need an os username and password (at least db console does)

however you are right, not very clear