DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Sys objects unable to extend.

I did an import of my database from 8.0.5 to 8.1.6 yesterday, it said import was successful but with warnings.

The following objects were unable to extend, and my system tablespace is full. Each of the objects has max extents unlimited so I assume the error was because the tablespace itself is full.

sys.source$
    sys.i_argument1
    sys.idl_ub2$
    sys.access$
    sys.i_dependency2

I'm fairly certain the best thing to do is drop the database, re-create it with a larger system tablespace and redo the import, which is what I will start doing, but if anyone can suggest a better action or maybe tell me more about those objects I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

In my opinion the System tablespace should be set to "Auto Extend"; You never want Sytem tablespace to run out of space.

- Rajeev

Red face AN IDEA

Placing a good deal of system tables/objects in your TOOLS tablespace will help you a bit. For one, the system tablespace doesn't need them located in that tabelspace and two, you noticed, it takes up a lot of space.

lemme know what ya think
    - Magnus

Well those are both good suggestions, my system was on autoextend but it ended up being a lot larger than I had thought. There isn't much I can do about moving them into the tools tablespace since I'm doing a full import, of a messy database but that's something to keep in mind for later :)

unless you control the database everyday I would rather set autoextend off. it´s much easier to fix a "unable to extend" problem than a fragmentated system tablespace.

Wink Sys objects unable to extend.

Oracle 8.1.6 requires a larger system tablespace. Look at your installation and migration guide for more details.