DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: patchset 8.1.7.4

patchset 8.1.7.4

Hi,
    Here are the link errors:
    This happen when patchset 8.1.7.4 is being loaded on Oracle 8.1.7.0, 64 Bit Installation. OS HPUX 11.11, 64bit, running JRE 1.4.1.02, December 2003 version.

make -f ins_net_server install would get you to errors like ... The same errors when starting/ stopping and querying the status of the listener.

d: Unsatisfied symbol "naeeti" in file /oracle/MB4/817_64/lib64/libn8.a[nae.o]
    ld: Unsatisfied symbol "naeetn" in file /oracle/MB4/817_64/lib64/libn8.a[nae.o]
    ld: Unsatisfied symbol "naeetcu" in file /oracle/MB4/817_64/lib64/libn8.a[naeu.o]
    ld: Unsatisfied symbol "naeetau" in file /oracle/MB4/817_64/lib64/libn8.a[naeu.o]
    ld: Unsatisfied symbol "naeetnu" in file /oracle/MB4/817_64/lib64/libn8.a[naeu.o]
    13 errors.

Thanks for any help.

alexandre
    In god i trust

In the Makefile env_precomp.mk :

Replace the line :

STATICPROLDLIBS=$(LLIBCLIENT) $(LIBSQL) $(SCOREPT) $(SSCOREED) $(DEF_ON) $(STATICTTLIBS) $(NAETTOBJS) $(LLIBTHREAD) $(XAONDY)

By :

STATICPROLDLIBS=$(NAETTOBJS) $(LLIBCLIENT) $(LIBSQL) $(SCOREPT) $(SSCOREED) $(DEF_ON) $(STATICTTLIBS) $(LLIBTHREAD) $(XAONDY)

Sorry, i dont have this entry on my env_precomp.mk
    it's look like the following:
    STATICPROLDLIBS=$(STATIC_ORACLETTLIBS) $(LDLIBS) $(LLIBTHREAD)

Any help, it's urgent!

Alexandre
    In god i trust

tried relinking?

Sorry for the correction.
    Instead of directly modifying the env file can u relink again.
    How to do it? follow the link
    http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/...p_id=1006587.6
    Last edited by akhadar; 10-26-2004 at 05:42 AM.

Hi,
    I have gone through the article and the instructions are quite clear in the sence of estabilishing where the SYMBOLS are defined. In the .a file found UNDEF but definition was on the .o file.

What I don't know is where must I include the .o file and stated on the article.

Furthermore, I have been testing to disable the 64 Bit library, by renaming .../lib64 to something else and found that 'relink network' which is the one normally failing causing the listerner to fail start, relinks successfully and listener works. Unfortunatelly other components would fail without the 64 Bit library directory.

How can I overcome this?

Thanks a lot for your support.

alexander
    In god i trust