DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another Endorsement for Bush

Originally posted by Mr.Hanky
    Now now, don't make me pull a Democratic conspiracy theory on you, perhaps it is reverse psychology, did you ever think of that?

What do you think he is going to say, “please, please, not Bush, he has made my life very difficult, his plan is actually working.”
    Heh, the first thing that I thought was that the bush campaign would say "reverse psychology -- they know that this will lead to more votes for Kerry, therefore they must really want Kerry to win!"

However the Iranians have good cause to thank the Bush administration -- secular Iraq has been removed as a threat, religious extremism is on the rise, and more people in the Middle East hate America now than ever before (except Israeli's, of course).

And despite strong anti-Iran rhetoric, the administration has sat on it's hands while they work towards a nuclear deterrent.

Are you kidding me? They love GWB!
    David Aldridge,
    "The Oracle Sponge"

Senior Manager, Business Intelligence Development
    XM Satellite Radio
    Washington, DC

Oracle ACE

Originally posted by slimdave
    You'd be squealing like an old tomcat giving birth to barbed-wire piglets.

They generate irony like a three-testicled tomcat generates kittens.
    Have you been reading John Edwards' crib notes again? That's just a little too southern for a transplanted European.
    Jeff Hunter

Originally posted by marist89
    Have you been reading John Edwards' crib notes again? That's just a little too southern for a transplanted European.
    I'm an internationalist.
    David Aldridge,
    "The Oracle Sponge"

XM Satellite Radio
    Washington, DC

Oracle ACE

re: I'm an internationalist.

"I'm an internationalist."

lol. Dave speaks many accents.
    Rick

Sigh.....those were the days my friend, I thought they'd never end.
    I too remember when this place was coo.

Though Iran generally does not publicly wade into U.S. presidential politics, it has a history of preferring Republicans over Democrats, who tend to press human rights issues.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Probably the mullahs have a short memory - the've forgot the mustard gas, anthrax that the Reagan adm. gave to Saddam to kill their soldiers during their war with Iraq !

Or the're grateful that the Republicans have removed Saddam their arch enemy !

Or the've realized that Jesus and Mohammed are distant cousins and hey why not make up ?

However the Iranians have good cause to thank the Bush administration -- secular Iraq has been removed as a threat, religious extremism is on the rise, and more people in the Middle East hate America now than ever before (except Israeli's, of course).

I have heard this "argument" time and again from the left, do you have any proof at all cause I think it is a load of CRAP! They ( the middle east) never loved us to begin with. Now it is "much worse" I disagree, I think a little proactive ass whoppin can be a good thing, sorry.
    Iran has a large population of young people that have had it with the extremists. They want to party down and listen to R&R.
    I remember when this place was cool.

I have heard this "argument" time and again from the left, do you have any proof at all cause I think it is a load of CRAP! They ( the middle east) never loved us to begin with. Now it is "much worse" I disagree, I think a little proactive ass whoppin can be a good thing, sorry.
    And who would know more about crap than Mr. Hanky?

Iran has a large population of young people that have had it with the extremists. They want to party down and listen to R&R.
    This I can agree with. The Iranian youth don't like our government, but they do like our culture! Maybe with a new president we will be able to find some common ground and resolve our differences without violence. Time will tell.

You think that America is no more hated now than after the first Iraq war, when a coalition that included Afghanistan, Bahrain, Egypt, Kuwait, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey and the United Arab Emirates fought with the US? Sure they never loved America (except Kuwait) but you think that nothing has changed?

I'm not surprised that you think this though ... polls show that the majority of Bush supporters believe that the rest of the world likes GWB (only 9% of them believe that the rest of the world prefers JK), and that Iraq had WMD's and was a strong materiel supporter of Al Qaeda. Welcome to the fantasy land of the right-wing.

"... a little proactive ass whoppin can be a good thing". It's an opinion that you share with Al Qaeda and all the nutcases in Iraq that are making everywhere outside the "Green Zone" a no-go area for westerners. You suit each other perfectly in that respect.
    David Aldridge,
    "The Oracle Sponge"

XM Satellite Radio
    Washington, DC

Oracle ACE

Once again Dave fails to offer ANY proof on his claims.
    Sure we were better off with Clinton who did NOTHING!
    Are you comparing modern day America to Al Queda now?

Here is an alternate point of view on your "claim".
    Maybe the middle east has some respect for us now that we have proven that we will not put up with their BS any more. Maybe they are scared now, maybe they will think twice before pulling some more stunts, perhaps it will not be worth it for them to continue supporting and cultivating terrorists.