DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Export/Import from 8I to 7.3.3

Hi,

I am on Win NT Oracle 8I version 8.1.5 and want to export/import to another machine with Oracle 7.3.3. Question is on the 8i server, if I run Catexp7.sql to create the views so that I can create the export file that 7.3.3 will read, I am wondering if that will mess-up my export/import utilities on 8i version 8.1.5? And, do I have to goback on my 8i server and run catexp to get back exp/imp for 8i?

Thanks

Run catexp.sql (for v8i) on the 8i db and catexp.sql (for v7.3.3) on the 7.3.3 db. Then export from v8i and import into v7.3.3.

I dont think you can do that nor export from 8i then import into 7.3.3

hmm... as far as I know, the correct catexp.sql has to be run against the db in question. Of course, problems can arise if importing an 8i on v7, since it's like a downgrade, and esp. if the 8i db contains LONG datatype.

Wink Export/Import from 8I to 7.3.3

You need to use the version 7 Export Utility with the catexp7.sql - created views installed to export the version 8i database.

See the Migration Guide and Oracle 8i Utilities for more information about performing a version 7 export from version 8i.