DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: exp questions

Hi,
    I have a question for you all,
    I have a tablespace with 110 tables. I only need to export about 60 tables. The other 50 tables are queue tables, I always have problems with exporting and importing queue tables. It is faster to recreate the queue tables on the target tablespace than exp and imp. Now the question is that is there a way to exp 60 tables instead of supplying each individual table name on the user level exp? Thanks for help.

If you only want 60 out of 110 tables, how do you expect oracle to know which 60 unless you specify each individual table name?

You can make your life a little easier if you can easily select the names of all your tables (eg if they don't begin with queue_, or begin with something that makes it easy to select). You can spool them to a file and create a small script to generate the tables=(table1, table2, ..., table60) line, but I'm pretty sure there isn't any other way to only export specific tables.

Or, you can have your queue tables owned by one user and your data tables owned by another user. That way, you can just export the user that owns the data tables...
    Jeff Hunter

No, the owner has to be the same. Anyway, thank you very much for all your responses. I guess I have to name it one by one.

The way pwoneill suggested is really fast and easy. Better give it a shot ;)