DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: if ever one left loved one for Oracle

Unhappy

Hi,

I am new to here quit my job for becoming Oracle DBA. Cause i fell in love with Oracle I was working as Marketing Executive for System Integration firm. After one year with shoulder injury can not even take first paper. My post is not typical to technicallity of Oracle. But to how to prepare on my own while i have ILT books Jason Cuchman DBA. But this first paper is giving me real hard time to prepare for it. In my system administration experience i have configured succefully oracle 8 on linux on an NT network. Any body help me that how i get into SQL PL/SQL and out with passing it.

Nomi

Hi Ahmed,

I think that you really need to practice for PL/SQL, because Couchman's book is more like a reference book, and the content for the PL/SQL is poor. You need a book with exercices that you can practice, but I do not saw someting like that on the market, like a ABC for setting up a warehouse or someting.
    So, you need to create your application and practice.
    Think to create a simple sales/contacts system, and pl/sql stored procs indeed to produce sales projection reports.
    You better to build a client front, this will help you for Network Admin exam so, you have to do it on a web server(the most of applications goes to web) ASP or COLDFUSION Front-End or Oracle Forms(Oracle Forms can be compiled on the Application Server like java applets and called on HTML pages).

It is nothing like practice for PL/SQL.

marian

hi neaman,
    I would like to help you by providing material(some docs or pdfs) which would help you to work comfortably with sql and pl/sql . There is nothing like working on it. I also studied only from couchman's book but if it were not for my experiance as a developer for 18 months i would have flunked my first test :)

you can mail me if you want some help

vinayak
    vinayak

Smile

Hi ,

Thanks vinyak i really need help but i dont have your email.

Neaman