Originally posted by prakashs43 Thanks Dave that was good link
Click here for Oracle Database documentation, 10g Release 1 (10.1).
Installation manuals and platform-specific books are not yet included in this search.
Did you actualy bothered to click on that link and check it yourself?
All instalation guides are there and they do work, including:
- Real Application Clusters Quick Installation Guide for Oracle Database Standard Edition for Windows
- Real Application Clusters Installation and Configuration for All Platforms
And I doubt you'll ever find any better book on how to install 10g RAC (with or without ASM). As far as ASM configuration is concerned - the whole thing is rather trivial. You'll find all the needed information in usual manuals (Concepts, Administration, ....).
Jurij Modic ASCII a stupid question, get a stupid ANSI
24 hours in a day .... 24 beer in a case .... coincidence?
OK we can cloe this thread .
i was just trying to find head start books , without going through manay manuals .
anyway i ordered above RAC book from net. will give feedback on that if any body is interested .
on easy manuals .
reason why i am looking for practical books is
i have installed
1) 10g ( base release ) - found problem in export datab pump for resonably big database of 120Gb
2) applied patchset 10.1.0.3 -- this time above bug seems to fix expdp problem but got enterprise manager problem
3) executed another script empatch.sql -- fixed this problem
-- but got new problem exp bombed
4) so need to run some other script ..
for such a small stand alone installation i noticed so many probs .
i may be getting more errors while configuring ASM and setting up clusters ..
i think you all might have gone through above phases , while implementing 10.1.0.3.
that is the reason i was looking for some books other than oracle concept manuals for initial setup .
anyway those who are interested can answer this thread otherwise take it ease .
strange not able to open any installation docs . thou i could open all other links. know i understand may be our network is behind the firewall . that could be one reason , i am not able to see these docs . anyway i can try above links from home .
Last edited by prakashs43; 10-08-2004 at 05:33 PM.