DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: can 8.1.5 EE and 9.2.0.1.0 EE coexist

can 8.1.5 EE and 9.2.0.1.0 EE coexist

Hi,

I am trying to install 8.1.5 on the same machine running 9.2.0.1.0 version of Oracle database.

How do I install both versions in the same machine.I am getting the following message during installation.

"Oracle products for OLE and Oracle ODBC driver is a single home product.It is installed in existing Oracle_home.You can either deinstall the product or install the product in same location as single home products."

Should I install the 8.1.5 db in same oracle home.Will it affect the existing 9i database configuration/installation.

Please provide some guidance.

Thanks and Regards

Install 8i in a different oracle home.

Hi Halo,

I was trying to install on a different Oracle home and I got the error mentioned in my first question.

"Oracle products for OLE and Oracle ODBC driver is a single home product.It is installed in existing Oracle_home.You can either deinstall the product or install the product in same location as single home products."

Thanks and Regards

Even though u installed 2 different versions of Oracle there can be only one OLE and ODBC versions. so u have to decide which one u want to use.If u want to use the 9i then while installing 8i in different home do a custom installation by deselecting the OLE and ODBC.