I have to patch from 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.4, has anyone applied this patch, If so are they any problems when applying it. I must be honest I haven't patched a DB before and would like to find out how to perform this task?
Thanking you advance
Patches usually come with installation instrunctions in readme file read it carefully, it also lists all restrictions, implications etc.
And yes always take a backup before applying the patch.
Oracle Certified Professional 8i, 9i.
"The degree of normality in a database is inversely proportional to that of its DBA"
22.214.171.124.4 or 126.96.36.199?
I had some problems with a memory leak in 188.8.131.52 until i patched it to level 184.108.40.206.
Have a look at metalink for instructions.
OCP DBA 8i, 9i, 10g
Follow the steps given below. Go through with patch readme document also.
1. Shutdown the database in normal mode.
2. Perform a physical backup of the database, if possible oracle software also.
3. Stop all the other services of the oracle that are running on the server. Issue the command and check.
$ ps -ef |grep oracle
ensure that there are no services of oracle are running.
4. Unzip the tar file, untar the patch bundle.
5. Start the oracle Universal installer.
6. Give the path of the product.jar file of the patch bundle. Continue as the screen progress. Ensure that, there is no errors will the patch is linking.
7. After the installation is successfull then start the database and run the following scripts.
if u r running replication feature run Catrep.sql
Is it required to patch 220.127.116.11.0 to (18.104.22.168.4 or 22.214.171.124 or anything else) to upgrade to 10g?
Thanks in advance
This might be a good time to read the upgrade document available on technet.
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width