dcsimg
DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pot calling the kettle black

Originally posted by Mr.Hanky
    The ONLY reason they are calling Bush a flip floper is cause Kerry is the king!!
    Now you are talking about a matter of degree. If Kerry has changed his position on something, then it was probably for honest reasons. When Bush has flip flopped, it is because he mis speaks often, and also because his logic for what he does is muddled. I would rather have a president who makes a mistake and admits it, then one who makes a mistake and then tries to make people belive that he meant to do it.

I can see hating Bush and not wanting to vote for him (almost) but please do not try to convince me (or bullsh*t yourself) into thinking Kerry is qualified for the job. The guy is a fool.
    You can have your opinion that Kerry can't lead, but that doesn't change my opinion. Kerry is no fool. He understands policy and diplomacy. As long as he surrounds himself with capable people we will be much better off with Kerry rather than Bush. If nothing else he understands the rule of law, while Bush is ruled by rhetoric and whim. Don't bullsh*t yourself either.

. . . . please do not try to convince me (or bullsh*t yourself) into thinking Kerry is qualified for the job. The guy is a fool.
    What's that got to do with anything? As far as I can see, the American electoral system (money, pressure groups, money etc) ensures that the person elected is the last person I'd want to do the job. Occasionally this breaks down and good guy gets elected by mistake.

Originally posted by DaPi
    What's that got to do with anything? As far as I can see, the American electoral system (money, pressure groups, money etc) ensures that the person elected is the last person I'd want to do the job. Occasionally this breaks down and good guy gets elected by mistake.
    And then they shoot him.........The End.
    I remember when this place was cool.

And then they shoot him.........The End.
    Rightwing conspiracy theorist!
    David Aldridge,
    "The Oracle Sponge"

Senior Manager, Business Intelligence Development
    XM Satellite Radio
    Washington, DC

Oracle ACE

Originally posted by slimdave
    Rightwing conspiracy theorist!
    I'm a sucker for a happy ending.
    I remember when this place was cool.

DaPi

"Occasionally this breaks down and good guy gets elected by mistake." In the past yes, but try to run for president of the US NOT towing the line. The last man who tried NOT towing the line wound up getting shot by Mark David Chapman back in 81'.
    Rick

Sigh.....those were the days my friend, I thought they'd never end.
    I too remember when this place was coo.

Re: DaPi

Originally posted by Alchemy
    "Occasionally this breaks down and good guy gets elected by mistake." In the past yes, but try to run for president of the US NOT towing the line. The last man who tried NOT towing the line wound up getting shot by Mark David Chapman back in 81'.
    What position was John Lennon elected to?
    By the way Mark David Chapman shot Lennon in 1980, not 1981.
    Last edited by gandolf989; 09-29-2004 at 01:13 PM.

Re: DaPi

Originally posted by Alchemy
    Were you thinking of John Hinkley shooting Reagan? John Hinkley shot Reagan to get in with Christie Brinkly, not because he was upset with Reagans Trickle down theories. Clinton, despite his problems in his personal life is an example of a good guy trying to make a difference.

While Reagan, might have believed in what he was doing, he left a legacy of debt and cover ups. We still haven't finished paying for having 12 years or Reagan/Bush Sr. I can't imagine the cost if we have another four years of George W.

Re: Re: DaPi

Originally posted by gandolf989
    Clinton, despite his problems in his personal life is an example of a good guy trying to make a difference.

if you call raising taxes sky high, then yes, he did a great job. He had his share of scandals both personal and public.

While Reagan, might have believed in what he was doing, he left a legacy of debt and cover ups.
    Are you serious? How about bringing an end to the Cold War? Reagan/Bush I's economic policies were one of the contributing factors to one of the greatest bull markets of our generation.
    Jeff Hunter
    marist89@yahoo.com
    http://marist89.blogspot.com/
    Get Firefox!
    "I pledge to stop eating sharks fin soup and will not do so under any circumstances."

Just an aside, John Hinkley almost had dinner with Neil Bush, around the time Hinkley shot Reagan.

Neil's Dinner Plans.