DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's get the controversey going again, I'll start!

Originally posted by marist89
    Mr. H has you trumped there. He's trying to persuade voters AND he has a vote!
    He don't try too hard though, IMHO.
    David Aldridge,
    "The Oracle Sponge"

Senior Manager, Business Intelligence Development
    XM Satellite Radio
    Washington, DC

Oracle ACE

Originally posted by slimdave
    He don't try too hard though, IMHO.
    Hate to shock you here Dave, BUT YOU ARE RIGHT!

Why? As I said, people make up their own minds, and I at least have the humility to know that no one is listening to someone when they are talking sh*t, present company excluded.

I have my point of view, it has not changed, and all the moveon.org's are not going to sway it.
    I remember when this place was cool.

Originally posted by slimdave

btw, I wasn't sure what Jeff's point was
    You being the master of subtly and all, I figured you would have gotten the point.

The point was that since you don't participate in the process, why should your opinions be considered by others who do participate in the process? To paraphrase an old saying "If you don't vote, don't complain about the results."
    Jeff Hunter

Originally posted by marist89
    You being the master of subtly and all, I figured you would have gotten the point.

The point was that since you don't participate in the process, why should your opinions be considered by others who do participate in the process? To paraphrase an old saying "If you don't vote, don't complain about the results."
    I should have mentioned that as soon as the wheels of citizenship applications have ground sufficiently, then I'll be a participating voter, but until then it's not that I won't vote, it's that I can't.
    David Aldridge,
    "The Oracle Sponge"

XM Satellite Radio
    Washington, DC

Oracle ACE

Originally posted by Mr.Hanky
    Hate to shock you here Dave, BUT YOU ARE RIGHT!

Why? As I said, people make up their own minds, and I at least have the humility to know that no one is listening to someone when they are talking sh*t, present company excluded.

I have my point of view, it has not changed, and all the moveon.org's are not going to sway it.
    Hey, I'm not shocked by being right -- I'm used to it

My own remedy for people not listening is to try and present rational and well-thought out ideas, and base whatever opinions I voice as far as possible on facts. That's where I get my own enjoyment from -- sad, in a way.
    David Aldridge,
    "The Oracle Sponge"

XM Satellite Radio
    Washington, DC

Oracle ACE

"Rational"........"Well though out"

Oh Boy, we can resume this tomorrow. As for now, I am forced to quote my dear friend Eric Cartman when I say......"Screw you guys, I'm going home"

MH

QUESTIONS..(FORGET THE TAX CUTS & ENVIRONMENT)
    1. Where is the WMD ?
    2.Where are the mobile bio-weapons lab which were allegedly "ready to strike in 45 mins.?
    3. Why are Al_Qaida top brass still dishing out inspirational videos/tapes?
    4.Is cost of war in Iraq notwithstandin the lives lost/maimed on both sides worth it in terms of making the homeland any safer? Or should it have been spent on ports, borders,airports etc..?

This war has benefitted those that Saddam could not
    anhilate,defence/oil& gas industries etc. etc..the homeland is not secure and neither are ordinary Iraqis with daily bombings and kidnappings !!

"Rational"........"Well though out"

Oh Boy, we can resume this tomorrow. As for now, I am forced to quote my dear friend Eric Cartman when I say......"Screw you guys, I'm going home"

MH
    Did you have an exciting evening of Cheesy Poofs, Chicken Pot Pie and playing with dolls? When people pick on you just remember to say, "I'm not fat, I'm big boned."

Btw, I wasn't able to participate yesterday as I was making PNC Park safe from "beers of mass destruction", one beer at a time. Pirates lost to the Cubs 6-3. But that's OK, I'm sure most of them have their vacation plans set by now.

Hey, I'm a Giant fan, I KNOW why BEER was invented, I can relate to that.

Cruser, please stop the cliche's, do you think liberating 25 million people from a ruthless, murdering, raping, torturing dictator that used chemical weapons ON HIS OWN PEOPLE was perhaps a good thing?

Cruser, please stop the cliche's, do you think liberating 25 million people from a ruthless, murdering, raping, torturing dictator that used chemical weapons ON HIS OWN PEOPLE was perhaps a good thing?
    Ok then when do we invade North Korea?
    There is no worse dictator today then Kim Jung Il.