DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Let's get the controversey going again, I'll start!

Originally posted by marist89
    There you go again, using false numbers to support your claim. $200 billion is way off. 250 million people is way off. Using your math, the cost is $400 over two budget years, or $200/yr. Care to do the math on things like Welfare, Social Security (welfare for old people) and any other social entitlement programs? Just because it's "not worth it" to you doesn't mean it's "not worth it" for the general population of the country.

OK, sorry, $200 billion is the cost including next year and the population is about $300 million. That makes my family of five's contribution $3,333!. Or would you rather break it out by tax burden? Let me know, 'cos it's going to make my numbers look a whole lot better. By the way, show me where else I've "used false numbers" if you're thinking "there you go again".

And note that I didn't say cost per year, I said cost.

I wonder if the 3000 families from 9/11 think it's a good deal?
    Oh right, so do you still genuinely think that Saddam Hussein was responsible for that, or is that just an attempt to manipulate the memory of 9/11 for political purposes? Just so we know where you stand on that issue.
    David Aldridge,
    "The Oracle Sponge"

Senior Manager, Business Intelligence Development
    XM Satellite Radio
    Washington, DC

Oracle ACE

That's like saying, I wonder if people in America who were killed by guns favor tighter controls on the sale of guns.

Of course your whole argument depends on tying Iraq into 9/11 which has not happened despite the republicans best lies.
    Last edited by gandolf989; 09-24-2004 at 01:37 PM.

So the Giants are playing the Browns this Sunday, kickoff is at 1pm EST.
    I remember when this place was cool.

Originally posted by Mr.Hanky
    So the Giants are playing the Browns this Sunday, kickoff is at 1pm EST.
    Whenever you do this I am going to take it for granted that you now agree with what I and Slim Dave are saying.

Thanks for wising up. As for the Supper-Genius, I don't have much hope for him.

All right, Gandolf has FINALLY demonstrated a sense of humor.

Relax, it's Friday, I am tired, way too tired of these tired "debates".
    I remember when this place was cool.

Originally posted by gandolf989
    Whenever you do this I am going to take it for granted that you now agree with what I and Slim Dave are saying.

Thanks for wising up. As for the Supper-Genius, I don't have much hope for him.
    David Aldridge,
    "The Oracle Sponge"

XM Satellite Radio
    Washington, DC

Oracle ACE

Originally posted by slimdave

Oh right, so do you still genuinely think that Saddam Hussein was responsible for that, or is that just an attempt to manipulate the memory of 9/11 for political purposes? Just so we know where you stand on that issue.
    Where did I say Saddam was linked to 9/11?
    Jeff Hunter

Are you saying that this isn't trying to link Iraq to 9/11?

There you go again, using false numbers to support your claim. $200 billion is way off. 250 million people is way off. Using your math, the cost is $400 over two budget years, or $200/yr. Care to do the math on things like Welfare, Social Security (welfare for old people) and any other social entitlement programs? Just because it's "not worth it" to you doesn't mean it's "not worth it" for the general population of the country.

You did it in the same way that the Bush administration has done it for the past couple of years ... "I wonder if the 3000 families from 9/11 think [the war in Iraq] a good deal?". If 9/11 and Iraq are unconnected then what does the opinion of the families of the 9/11 victims have to do with it? I know I know, just like the administration you can protest "But I never said there was a direct connection!", but you don't have to say exactly that if you just want to imply that there was.

Of course, the 9/11 families might have very valid opinions on how the families of the 12,800-14,800 iraqi civilian casualties are feeling. Just a thought!
    David Aldridge,
    "The Oracle Sponge"

XM Satellite Radio
    Washington, DC

Oracle ACE

Lets face it - tying Iraq to 9/11 will not work - it was done to convince "Joe Public" with the backdrop of 9/11. Since no WMD has been found the slogan now for Joe Public is "Bringing democracy to Iraq" at the cost to the taxpayer, lives of young Americans from the heartland and innocent Iraqis - a "social experiment/work in progress" -> 95% + of social and scientific experiments FAIL!!

Why have a government that has recklessly built up a deficit which may cost you down the road - Greenspan is on record to have social security reduced if it exists at all in the decades to come . Warren Buffet is on record saying that the Bush tax cuts will pass more burden onto middle America?

And for Mr. Hanky->Nuking the region may be as dangerous as shooting all developers - u'd be taking out 20% of the world's oil - may need it when the 100 cylinder, 15000HP SUV comes out !!