DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's get the controversey going again, I'll start!

This is no fun though; I have to constantly fight the urge to post something that will blow this post right into the preposterous.

I still maintain that debating civilly about politics on a web based forum is pointless.
    What is the possible outcome?
    It is much more fun busting balls, and makes for a much more entertaining read, no?
    I remember when this place was cool.

Originally posted by Mr.Hanky
    This is no fun though; . . . . It is much more fun busting balls, and makes for a much more entertaining read, no?
    Just like the "coalition" experience in Iraq: peace-keeping isn't as much fun as dropping bombs on people.

Originally posted by DaPi
    Just like the "coalition" experience in Iraq: peace-keeping isn't as much fun as dropping bombs on people.
    SEE, he understands.

I just loose patience with political threads, there are TONS on the musician websites. And nothing ever gets resolved, and as I have said, no one is going to sway my vote, and I feel confident saying the same for Dave. Although another 4 weeks and I may have him voting for the right!!

Although another 4 weeks and I may have him voting for the right!!
    Don't forget about my Shield of Invulnerabilty, through not being allowed to vote anyway.
    David Aldridge,
    "The Oracle Sponge"

Senior Manager, Business Intelligence Development
    XM Satellite Radio
    Washington, DC

Oracle ACE

This is no fun though; I have to constantly fight the urge to post something that will blow this post right into the preposterous.

I still maintain that debating civilly about politics on a web based forum is pointless.
    What is the possible outcome?
    It is much more fun busting balls, and makes for a much more entertaining read, no?
    Wait a second, this isn't just because all of the juicy pro's have evaporated, is it? That the rationale for the invasion has been shown to be a tissue of lies/web of deceit?

David Aldridge,
    "The Oracle Sponge"

XM Satellite Radio
    Washington, DC

Oracle ACE

Originally posted by slimdave
    through not being allowed to vote anyway.
    So you like to argue for argument's sake?
    Jeff Hunter

Wait a second, this isn't just because all of the juicy pro's have evaporated, is it? That the rationale for the invasion has been shown to be a tissue of lies/web of deceit?

No dave, Sure I could cut and paste all the pros as expected but where would the fun be. What is exciting about a predicted response, I come in hee to exercise my creativity and blow off steam from the mundane work day.

Jeff has a good point.

Originally posted by marist89
    So you like to argue for argument's sake?
    I enjoy a debate as much as the next man, as long as the next man enjoys a debate.

I remember a Dilbert cartoon from a few years ago which went something like this ...
    Dilbert (to Dogbert): You remember how you told me that since we disagree on everything then we might as well not vote, since our votes would cancel out?

Dogbert: Yes

Dilbert: Dogs can't vote!

Dogbert: Not directly ...
    Seriously though I think that GWB has been and will continue to be harmful to the economy, society, and world's view of the only superpower, and even if I didn't live here with my little american family I'd still want to speak up against him. He doesn't deserve another chance to get it right.
    David Aldridge,
    "The Oracle Sponge"

XM Satellite Radio
    Washington, DC

Oracle ACE

No dave, Sure I could cut and paste all the pros as expected but where would the fun be. What is exciting about a predicted response, I come in hee to exercise my creativity and blow off steam from the mundane work day.

Jeff has a good point.
    That's like asking where the fun is in proving a developer wrong -- you do it because you care!

btw, I wasn't sure what Jeff's point was -- the difference between having a single vote and having none is a pretty slim margin after all. I'd rather be able to talk and persuade other voters than than have a single vote myself, if having the single vote meant i couldn't try to persuade others.
    David Aldridge,
    "The Oracle Sponge"

XM Satellite Radio
    Washington, DC

Oracle ACE

the difference between having a single vote and having none is a pretty slim margin after all. I'd rather be able to talk and persuade other voters than than have a single vote myself, if having the single vote meant i couldn't try to persuade others.
    Mr. H has you trumped there. He's trying to persuade voters AND he has a vote!
    Jeff Hunter