DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: WebForms + Oracle 9i Database

Unhappy WebForms + Oracle 9i Database

Hello,

I installed an Oracle 9i (9.2.0.4) database and Forms/Reports Services 10g (9.0.4) on my Linux Red Hat Enterprise 3 (ES). I migrating some *.fmx files to my local forms90 subfolder in the Forms/Reports Services ORACLE_HOME folder.

I invoke the *.fmx file through the Web Browser on a Windows 98 CLinet computer on my LAN as follows:

http://Linux2005:7777/forms90/f90ser.../form=cadastre

I get a Web prompt in my browser asking me for a username/password/database.
    My question is:

1) What values should I put for the username/password/database ? (from my tnsnames.ora file located on my Linux Server ? from my tnsnames.ora located on my CLient computer(s) ?)

Your toughts ...

PT

Why don't you show a little initiative and try experimenting to see for yourself if the client needs a tnsnames.ora file? How lazy can you be? Apparently, infinitely so.

Lightbulb tnsnames.ora

Hello,

Actually, the Forms/Reports Services 10g has a local tnsnames.ora file, seperate from the database tnsnames.ora file.

I can now login to the database, However as soon as I do, I get an ORA-12452 Error: No listener.

Any ideas ?

PT

Note: My Oracle 9i Database listener is up and running but is not being seen by my Forms/Reports Services 10g application.

Re: tnsnames.ora

Originally posted by ptreves
    However as soon as I do, I get an ORA-12452 Error: No listener.

Any ideas ?
    metalink / yahoo / google.

Check your /etc/hosts, tnsnames, listener.ora. Make sure you can tnsping. Do you have multiple nics?

Anyway, don't use me as your sounding board. Enough said.

PS : Have you worked with Oracle in any capacity before?

Re: tnsnames.ora

Originally posted by ptreves
    Hello,

Actually, the Forms/Reports Services 10g has a local tnsnames.ora file, seperate from the database tnsnames.ora file.
    Thanks for clueing everyone in on that tidbit.

I can now login to the database, However as soon as I do, I get an ORA-12452 Error: No listener.
    With that error, do you really think you have logged on to your database? Logon how? SQL*Plus?

Note: My Oracle 9i Database listener is up and running but is not being seen by my Forms/Reports Services 10g application.
    The listener is or is not working. Which is it?
    Last edited by stecal; 09-17-2004 at 07:24 PM.

Unhappy No Listener

Hello,

This is the situation,
    The database is up with the database listener (lsnrctl).
    They are both up and running.

I also started opmnctl (Forms/Reports Services), emctl (Forms/Reports Services Enterprise Manager) and the Apache server (apachectl), but attempting to lauch a WebForm from a Windows 98 Client machine as:

http://Linux2005:7777/forms90/f90ser...?form=cadastre

I am asked a promped to login to the database, which I enter values from the tnsnames.ora file located in my Forms/Reports Services subfolder.

I then get a message stating that ORA-12541: No Listener.

1) I think that I should also lauch something called OC4J ?
    2) What else could be missing ?

PT

If you have read the Administrator's Guide for Application Server, you are explicitly informed of how to start both the Application Server and the infrastructure.

As to the tnsnames.ora/no listener problem:
    http://www.dbasupport.com/oracle/ora...necting2.shtml