DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Media recovery

Media recovery

I did full backup of my database last night and started the database succesfully . For maintainence we had to restart the unix machine. When restarting the machine there were two disks which got corrupted. We replaced the disks and restored those datafiles on to disk.

I started the database and got needs media recovery. So I shutdown the database and started in mount and gave the command recover. It did say media recover done. Then I I started database by , alter database open.

I was going through some of the media recovery forums and I found that I have to give recover database until cancel and apply archive logs.

After by database full back up was done there was no transactions done. Kindly let me know if my procedure is correct.

Thanks

Re: Media recovery

Originally posted by srt

I was going through some of the media recovery forums and I found that I have to give recover database until cancel and apply archive logs.

That would be for incomplete media recovery. You had a complete recovery. You did exactly what you should have.
    Jeff Hunter