Senior Database Administrator - Detroit Metro area
Budco is a marketing and distribution outsourcing company that was established in 1982. Our mission is to develop and execute initiatives for corporate customers to help them build and strengthen communications and relationships with their customers. These initiatives include direct mail programs, teleservicing-based customer contact and satisfaction projects, owner loyalty events, Web-based document distribution processes, and many others. We call them Dialogue Business Solutions.
SENIOR ORACLE DBA
Oracle Database Administrator is responsible for primary architecture, design, implementation and operational support of Budco mission-critical relational database systems and other Oracle technology products. Responsible for maintenance and support of Oracle database instances. Provides thought leadership and database architecture and design expertise to client-driven projects. Proactively conducts performance monitoring, optimizations and tuning as-needed. Responsible for logical and physical design, ensuring database availability, scalability and overall performance. Responsible for backup and recovery procedures. Provides database and application server-related support and technical consultation to application development teams.
- Research, evaluate and implement new features and products within the Oracle technology stack
- Manage storage requirements for database instances. Monitor storage utilization and develop thresholds in order identify capacity constraints and propose capacity solutions
- Work as part of a team and provide 7x24 support as required
- Understand and optimize logical and physical data models used by application teams. Provide technical consultation to development teams
- Proactively automate routine DBA tasks through shell scripting, Perl, Oracle Enterprise Manager or other solutions
- Work closely with network, security and systems administrators to optimize database and related systems; coordinate with UNIX system administrators to specify, build and support new Oracle instances
- Manage instance security, availability, performance monitoring and tuning, physical database design and implementation, and database integrity, including verification of backups, recovery strategies, user access, version control and growth planning
- Administer, maintain, develop and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of all Oracle instances
- Review, approve, apply and test patches, changes and/or modifications to Budco relational databases and related systems
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with staff members of varying information technology expertise.
- Must be capable of interacting with internal customers in a professional and polished manner.
- Proactive self-starter with a desire to learn, teach and contribute
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and stay focused on priorities in a fast-paced environment
· 2-4 years Oracle database administration experience
· Strong multi-platform, multi-language coding and tuning skills, particularly PL/SQL
· Basic UNIX (Solaris) administration skills, shell scripting expertise
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Knowledge of current technological trends/developments in area of expertise
· Knowledge and skills in systems analysis, systems design and information architecture to effectively design and create databases
· Experience with SQL Server administration desirable
· Experience with the Oracle 10g Application Server implementation and administration is strongly preferred
· Oracle Discoverer/Designer administration and Portal administration desirable
· Experience in both OLTP, DSS and hybrid environments
· Team leadership experience desirable
This is a full-time, direct hire position. Local candidates preferred, no relocation assistance provided.
Please submit your resume and salary requirements for consideration.
Contact: Janet Sanders
Address: 13700 Oakland Avenue
Highland Park,MI 48203
Phone: No phone calls please
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width