DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Oracle Error Codes

Arrow

Where is the best place to get very detailed info for oracle error coddes like ORA-03113? I tried to search on Oracle Technet, but I found only short description...

Thanks
    --
    Dmitri Don

Unfortunately there is not much help on some of the errors. But for some errors metalink.oracle.com is a good source. Metalink provides too much information and you should be able to filter out the unnecessary info.

dba

Angry

Thanks dba,

But Metalink asks for Support Identifier (CSI, SAC, Access Code etc.)... which I don't have of course! Where do I get one?
    --
    Dmitri Don

There is an error manual that you can get from the technet site which is published by Oracle. Many times these aren't very detailed.

Usually if the information is sparse, I do a search on Altavista like "ORA-3113" and usually I can sift through the pages and find information. I do have a metalink acccount (several actually *laugh*) but sometimes you can get good information outside of metalink as well. Another thing you might try is posting the error. It doesn't help if it's an emergency but someone on the board might be willing to go into Metalink for you and pull relevant documents.

Joe
    (877)687-3227

Smile

Thanks! I did search on Altavista, and it helped! thanks...
    --
    Dmitri Don

p.s.

Metalink access is provided for customers w/ CSI (Customer Support Identifiers). If you don't have a support agreement you can't use Metalink. If you do have a support agreement then you can go to metalink.oracle.com and register your CSI and they will let you set up an account.

Joe
    (877)687-3227